8.09.2010

the nursery - oh.em.gee.

this is the changing table that we got & painted lime green. it matches the bedding. and for some reason, i love having it all loaded up. you might notice the little dinosaur outfit hanging from the door. to go with his dinosaur shoes that hopefully he'll come home from the hospital in. man. i can't wait to bite on him.  on this wall, we're going to do a "parts" collage with hojo when he's born. i can't wait for that.
this is the other piece of furniture that we bought [everything else was given/gifted to us. lucky ducks!] momma do likey this glider cause it is nice and wide. i can't wait to sit and rock this baby and read stories to him. the blanket was made by my principal. i loved the colors.
my friend aimee, at sprik space is super talented & i loved this ABC poster. she has since done a 1-2-3 poster that we still need to get printed up and framed. that's on the to - do list for this week. i love it though. i just love it.
mikey's hamper. maybe because it is orange, maybe just cause i think it is adorable, but i love this little thing. on the little wall above in the picture, we're going to hang a picture of my dad and mikey. [in case you didn't know, we're naming the baby after my dad... so fitting that there be a picture of my dad holding my baby boy to be hung on the wall.] hojo will again assist in the photography. duh.
holly made this banner for my baby shower last week. she was all creative and made the invitations, etc. my sisters even matched the food to children's books & had the books out on display with the food. [holly, i'm still waiting for you to send me those pictures, so i can blog them, as well.] i told her i didn't want that banner being thrown out - i had an idea for it. she said i could have it & now it hangs over his closet. i love it. i don't think this baby is going to doubt that his momma likes books. or his daddy, cause garrett already told me that he wants to get to read to him everyday. he'll probably have both of us read to him everyday. and that's fine cause the glider will fit our behinds just nice.  

the crib we got from tiff & the bedding we got from holly. and i love it all.
here's the real kicker of his bedroom though. i can't get over how much i love this. don't get me wrong, i really liked his room before we got this done this weekend [remember "we" = garrett] but this prompted me to send a text with a picture to my sisters saying "am i going to like the baby as much as i like this?"
yeah, i know. pretty damn cute, huh?
i wish i could say that i came up with this idea on my own, but anyone that knows me knows that would be a lie. i found it on a blog. here. and i loved it. century gothic is my favorite font. immediately ordered up the letters. decided to do one letter in orange to add a twist of garrett. can honestly say that i think the "a" makes me like it even more. this is above his crib. oh my goodness.  i just never thought i'd have so much fun doing this. i love that most of this stuff has been given to us or we had. but we haven't spent a ton of money, very little in fact & maybe that makes me like it even more. i just can't wait for him to come.

16 comments:

garrett said...

I know, right?! I just love his room! It's awesome. Can't wait to see that little guy and introduce him to his room!

tiburon said...

Oh my goodness! It looks fantastic!

I can't wait to meet him :)

The shower was fab too - thanks for the invite!

100 Percent Cottam said...

so darling, hayley! i'm so excited for you guys!

Beth said...

Love the name art...I'm not going to lie I kinda want to steal this idea, because I love it soooo much! The whole room is fantastic...the kid is going to love his little space!

Holly O. said...

My dear, THAT ROOM ROCKS!!!!!!!! I love it.

Suzanne said...

Love, love, love it! The banner is awesome. I may need to make one for my class.

Jori said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I LOVE it! Everything looks great. The storybook banner is so much fun! I love that you are naming him Michael that is just perfect.

Hayley said...

beth, i'd be happy to share info - the company that did the letters & how to do the frame - really not that difficult. well, garrett didn't seem to think it was :) all i did was paint the letters & order things. hehehe.

Alice said...

Blog lurker here, coming out of lurkdom (is that a word?)

Congrats on the upcoming bundle of joy. Can't wait to see pictures of the little dude. I love his room, especially the banner and his name. The orange was a fabulous touch. Hope the coming week go by quickly for you :)

p.s. I might be a lurker but I'm not a creepy hairy dude from the internet. Or maybe I am? ;)

Aimee said...

OMG is right! How adorable is this room, Hayley?!? You guys did a fantastic job - seriously.
LOVE that name art! I might have to copy you on the next iteration of Connor's room - it's fantastic - I especially love the pop of orange. Where did you order your letters from?
I'm honored that you thought my ABC poster was cute enough to grace the space of your little one. :)

Kristin Jones said...

Super cute, Hayley!!

Jennifer said...

The room is adorable! And I love love love the name. I think all babies should be named after family:)

Mom said...

You have made some darling changes even since I was there. He will love his room. I do.

Kristi said...

Holy freakin a, Hayley. First of all, I am so pumped about your baby. SO FREAKIN pumped. Second of all, I lalalalove this on the wall of your babe's room and so want to copy you & your creativeness. The orange a is my FAVORITE part, too. You are one adorable mama...

Can I say how excied I am for you one more time!!!!

Aimee said...

So, I had to include your name sign in the latest Brief Bits post! I featured you here.

Julie said...

The room looks awesome! I love that you are all stocked and ready to go. I am averaging anywhere from 2-4 outfits a day for my little one;) You are so talented.
I have been thinking about you- hope you are doing well.