12.29.2009

an eater's manifesto:

i have to read this book, In Defense of Food, by monday for my bookclub. all of my sisters have read it. they all seem to enjoy health more than me. not that i don't want to be healthy, but i enjoy my gluttony a little more than them, i suppose. but as i start a new year, a year hopefully that becomes a very important one, i will continue on with my fight against my own self to become more healthy. not necessarily to lose weight, as i'd like to gain betweeen 25 - 40 by the end of the year, but maybe to work on my double chin, my huge arms, my ever growing belly. scratch the belly, that's where i want to grow. but i want to grow a baby, not just fat.

moving on - i hope this book inspires me. to "eat food. not too much. mostly plants." for all of you non believers out there, just remember that i did grow in places besides my pant size. i gave up caffeine. most of us never thought we'd see that day, including me. i can grow. i can!

bring on 2010, with a healthier, fitter hayley! [maybe i'll go break in this book on the treadmill!]

10 comments:

garrett said...

You can do it!!! I believe in you! Can't wait to hear the highlights of the book. Maybe I'll read it, too.

tara said...

okay. if you read it and LIKE it, maybe i will too. Unfortunately Heather and Hooj's healthy suggestions are not enough for me:) Love ya hooj...but you mix wheat germ and oils and all that stuff. I'm just a novice:)

Karyn said...

Was that an announcement or just a wish?

Aimee said...

I hate this tired, old phrase, but it fits here - YOU GO GIRL!
Can't wait to see your babies... bet you and Garrett could make some pretty cute ones! ;)

Jori said...

Congratulations sneaky pie!

Hayley said...

oh no. that wasn't an announcement. it is a wish. don't worry, when i'm pregnant, i'll be very clear about that.

Jori said...

Okay, I thought you were being sneaky and we would be insensitive jackasses if we didn't pick up on it.;)

Holly O. said...

I'm telling you, that book inspired me to buy bread from the health food store!

tiburon said...

Go get em tiger.

I am losing my mojo.

I hope you find it

Hayley said...

this book totally inspired me! i want to move into a real house, with a yard right now. mainly so that we can start a little garden. don't worry garrett, not just so we'd have a backyeard for me to let the dog out in :)