12.31.2009

books read in 2009

  • i have enjoyed listing the books on my sidebar this year. i will do it again next year. i will also put stars next to the books now as i remember them. i won't match them to the stars i gave them on goodreads... i want to see what i thought of them after it all. also, i'm bolding the 5 stars for all of my lazy readers. but i would also really recommend 4 and 3 stars, too.

  • 1. Two for the Dough by Janet Evanovich ****
  • 2. Sarah's Key by Tatiana deRosnay *****
  • 3. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroberwski *****
  • 4. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne ****
  • 5. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Schaffer ***
  • 6. The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama **
  • 7. Skeletons at the Feast by Chris Bohjalian ****
  • 8. The Alchemist by Paolo Coehlo ***
  • 9. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins *****
  • 10. A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb ***
  • 11. Handle With Care by Jodi Picoult ****
  • 12. Illegitimate by Brian Mackert **
  • 13. The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent ***
  • 14. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling *****
  • 15. Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Krouse Rosenthal ****
  • 16. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling *****
  • 17. The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling ***
  • 18. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins *****
  • 19. East of Eden by John Steinbeck ***
  • 20. Finding Nouf by Zoe Ferraris ***
  • 21. Graceling by Kristin Cashore *****
  • 22. The Abortionist's Daughter by Elisabeth Hyde ***
  • 23. Shanghai Girls by Lisa See ***
  • 24. Fablehaven by Brandon Mull *****
  • 25. The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown ***
  • 26. Fablehaven Rise of the Evening Star Book Two by Brandon Mull *****
  • 27. Elly My True Story of the Holocaust by Elly Berkovits Gross ***
  • 28. Fablehaven Grip of the Shadow Plague Book Three By Brandon Mull *****

7 comments:

garrett said...

I'm totally going to steal this idea. So smart to make it a post so you retain the record of what you read in 2009!

I love you! I love that you're such a reader and can give me a million suggestions on what I should read next. I love that you got me back into reading a lot! You're just my favorite.

Katey said...

Man and one of my goals next year is to read a book a month! You're a reading rockstar.

Have you ever read a book calle "A Girl named Zippy" because I think you would really like it.

Now I'll have to keep track of what I read this year. I might take some of your suggestions too!

Mom said...

"Fire" is by the same auther as "Graceling" and she is a graceling also. I always check out what you are reading and now I have a list. Thank you.

kate said...

You inspire me to read more- now if the girls will just take naps at the same time so I can get some reading done..
I admire you.

em said...

I love the idea of keeping a list of books read, I may have to copy that idea too. Now I know someone to turn to for suggestion on what to read.

Holly O. said...

Excellent list, my dear. Excellent list.

Aimee said...

Love this list... so many good ideas of what to read next!