9.24.2009

from purple to crab apple

This is my blood blister from when i hammered my finger. i know, you're saying, "why hammering when painting?" mostly it's because i found my quarter map & was putting more quarters in & had to use the hammer. it hurt. i screamed bloody murder. with the window's open. oops. not a good way to start a big project, but my finger has survived.
the whole reason we're doing all of the painting is because we're getting new carpet. because there are too many spots like this throughout the house. those are from attempts at cleaning. the carpet, in my opinion has always needed replacing. now's the time. plus, the berber is starting to snag in many places.
when i moved in 5 years ago, i was bored one weekend & decided to paint. it was my first painting experience. it wasn't horrible, but it wasn't fantastic. it has also gone unfinished for 5 years. i just can't get over what a change has happened to this room in the last 4 days. on top of that, i cleaned out so much garbage from this room. seriously, this room has been my dumping grounds for almost 5 years. now, it's a cleaned up guest room & i love it.
the priming was so stark & different. the whole room was transformed. we had so much fun doing this, every step of the way. it was long nights & lots of work - but i'm glad we did it together.
this is what the room looks like now. i can't wait to see what the whole house looks like with the new carpet. only one week. yippee. starting tomorrow we're painting our bedroom... i will probably share more pictures of that, too.

16 comments:

garrett said...

It looks so great! I'm excited to see our place all finished with new paint and new carpet! Woo freakin' hoo!

Holly O. said...

Excellent work, my young sister. Excellent work, indeed. I'm excited to see it in real life.

Holly O. said...

PS Are you getting berber again?

Hayley said...

heck no on the berber. i am not a huge fan on it.

Kristin Jones said...

It looks so great! I love house changes!!

Mom said...

Sorry about the finger. The room looks fabulous. What a change.

MiaKatia said...

Looks fantastic! Sorry about your finger.

Jori said...

i LOVE home makeovers, you guys did a great job!

Dad said...

Nice work by young padawan!

Stick your finger in a large bottle of yellow mustard for 43 minutes, that will fix the blood blister.

Jan said...

The room looks wonderful! You guys are a great team. Love it!

Beth said...

Sorry about the finger, but it's a good battle wound to brag about. Also the room looks pretty sweet, makes me want to do a little painting of my own.

Katey said...

I think you should post a video tour of the house once you get it all done...that'd be fun!

Carter Family said...

I love home improvment projects! We've painted our kitchen and plan to do the living room and the girls' this next week. Good luck,and watch those fingers!!

Kai and Amy said...

I love painting my house! I love the color youchose. Your husband is so nice to paint with you. Mine always says I'm on my own when it comes to painting:)

tiburon said...

You guys have been busy little beavers.

Well done!
Sorry about the finger though :(

Heather said...

The house is looking great. Your whole finger looks red and hurty. Is that just the picture?