9.27.2009

our bedroom & then the orange scandal

our bedroom had an accent wall the same as the living room... it was "hunter gray" which i loved for obvious reasons. but it was time to paint & do things differently. this is not what our room usually looks like, we've removed 2 dressers and a bookshelf before we started taking pictures.
this is the temporary "done" for the bedroom. i love the walls. the majority of our room is done in the crab apple, like the other bedroom... then we did a dark brown, very chocolatey accent wall. momma lovey. still missing furniture. will move it back in after the carpet comes on WEDNESDAY!
this is the living room on saturday. i meant to do a couple touch up spots with pain that was nearly 10 years old. word to the wise: paint fades & touch ups won't work. so, all of a sudden we've got a new dilemma... we've gotta paint this wall, too. in case you don't know this, garrett's favorite color is orange. i felt really bad, because my "touch ups" led to a much bigger project. we were just planning on doing bedrooms... but now, i don't think garrett minds too much:
at first i wasn't sure about it. but throughout the day as things have settled & we've gotten the place put back together - i have fallen in love. it's bold, for sure... but i think it looks fantastic. now there's no more green & the whole house has our own personal touch.

now, if only i can get the carpet burn on my legs and butt to go away. you see, i was doing the bottom trim areas & apparently i was dragging myself along. i can't sit the way i was sitting for the last few days on the floor. the burn on my legs has created much tenderness & sensitive bumps on my skin... hydro cortisone here i come! yes, this is actually worse than a sore/stiff back and all of my other sore joints. it is the strangest thing!

12 comments:

garrett said...

I love it! I'm so stinkin' sore and tired, but it looks great. I know you were a little conflicted about the orange color, but I'm glad you warmed up to it! We're pretty awesome painters, if I do say so myself.

Deb and AJ said...

Isn't great what paint can do. It all looks good. Can't wait to see pics of when the carpet get in and everything is back in the rooms.
Good Job!!!!

Jan said...

I love the colors - -it looks wonderful!! (orange is my favorite too!)

tiburon said...

It looks FANTASTIC!!!

I have a foyer that needs painting. It is 2 stories tall.

Bring your own scaffolding...

100 Percent Cottam said...

i loooooooooove it! looks so good!

tara said...

garrett is AWESOME for insisting on orange. I DIG orange and it looks super.
Sorry about your hinder.

Shelley~Maren said...

YES GARRETT! I SOOOO love the Orange! Way to Represent!!!! It is FREAKING AWESOME!!! :-D I'm a little jealous!

Mom said...

It does look great. I want to see that orange in person. So you got ride of all the green? How about down the stairs?

rychelle said...

i *heart* the orange!

Holly O. said...

I can't wait to see it in person!

Heather said...

Wow! Looks good. Love that brown color.

Carter Family said...

OMH- Orange is Mac's fav. color too! I've thought about doing our guest bath in that very same shade!