7.14.2009

phantom bunnies, psoriasis, and scary moments

in addition to the lovely concert last night, there were also a few other moments. i even have a few pictures to share that will only add to the stories.

  • i black & whited this picture, cause i thought it might help in demonstrating garrett's "oh shit, there's a bunny!" moment that he had. in actuality, there was no phantom bunny, it was just a tied up garbage bag... but it gave him a scare & me a laugh.

  • my forehead sunburn decided that yesterday was the day to start peeling, like crazy. yes, i know... ugly. well, had it not been for death cab, i would've banished my broken, ugly self in for the day. i was that grossed out by myself. but, instead, i had to wear my bangs down & survive. i did it for the band. but when i met jamie's friend, matt - don't worry, i clearly stated first and foremost that i wasn't in denial of my gross face & that i was sorry i looked like i had psoriasis. before you know it, i was calling it other lovely names like cirrhosis & syphilis. [none of which i really have, i promise.] i might've loudly apologized during the concert for my syphilis head. i'm sure people around me were alarmed & confused. poor matt. i'm sure he is scarred in more than one way after having to be exposed to the likes of me & garrett last night. we were on one!

  • and then there's this guy. this picture is more figurative than anything. but it was taken at the concert. i don't know why, but whenever we're standing near each other, one of us will put our foot over the other person's foot. it's just a simple, sweet little affection & when he did it last night at the concert, i loved it. the real point is this: we had a scary moment driving home. and it made me realize, a few minutes afterwards, that Garrett is protective of me & would defend me in a heartbeat. ok. so here goes. we dropped off jamie & matt at around 11.30. a few minutes after leaving her place, my phone starts ringing. we're driving down a road that is all crazy like with construction & when she asks if matt's keys are in our car, i tell garrett to pull over. we can't right away - but he turns off on the first possible chance. we're in west valley & i'm sorry, but where we were wasn't the best area. it just wasn't. i didn't love pulling off on some dark road, but at the same time - i didn't want to leave matt high & dry if we had his keys. so garrett pulls down a side road & turns right into the first little parking area, which was heavily lit. seemed ok. but as soon as i got out of the car to look in the trunk, this little rice rocket car comes speeding around the back corner & the dude driving rolls down his window & says to me, "wazup?" he didn't come out or too close, but it definitely scared the living shit out of me. my heart started pounding & i got an immediate adrenaline rush accompanied with the feeling "get the hell out of this situation. now!" i gave him a polite smile meant to say "i'm not trying to start trouble!" and made sure he knew i was on my phone & i loudly said, "jamie, i can't find it, i'm so sorry!" and then the next thing i realized was my sweet husband was standing my my side. i said quickly, "get back in the car!" and we both did and we got out of there fast. while we were turning around, the guy left. thing is, garrett didn't even know the guy had talked to me, he just got a creeped out feeling & thought to himself "i don't want her out there alone." he protected me. as we were driving away, i realized that could've been a very bad situation. i definitely felt like garrett was prompted to get out and make his presence known. and i know for sure that that guy wasn't just being friendly. i don't know why kinda business he was up to back there, but i know for sure when we pulled into that little spot, it disrupted him & he wasn't happy. turns out - matt's keys were buried deep in his little bag. and luckily for me, i didn't get raped & pillaged.

p.s. i'm sorry for posting picture of our feet. still love/like me, ok?

12 comments:

garrett said...

you're definitely not getting raped and pillaged while i'm around! love you. glad we were safe.

and seriously, in the dark, that plastic bag looked like a little white rabbit!

Heather said...

Oh that rabbit story had me laughing. Scary story at the end though, yikes...glad yous are safe.

Holly O. said...

I know it was a serious story and was scary and all that, but you made me laugh with the raping and pillaging talk.

Mom said...

Moms don't like to hear stuff like that. So thankful all went well and you got home safe. I agree it looks like a bunny.

Jori said...

This post made me SO happy! I love that Garrett is such a great guy and looks after his honey bunch. The rabbit thing cracked me up! Especially because he said "oh shit" like the thingis about to lunge and latch onto your necks. Ahhh my entire day is made.:)

rychelle said...

so, let me get this straight........

garrett is afraid of bunnies, but not gang bangers in dark allies?

MiaKatia said...

The bunny part made me laugh... the dark alley gave me the creeps... the comments made me laugh all over again.

garrett said...

to clarify, no, i'm not afraid of bunnies. it just surprised me to suddenly get a glimpse of a bunny sitting at the feet of this lady at a loud, crowded concert! so much so, that i was forced to say, "holy shit! a bunny!" (or think it anyway... i was laughing at myself when i told hayley that i thought for a second the bag was a bunny.)

Hayley said...

rychelle - you kill me. hahahaha

Jamie Harker said...

OMG i can't believe you pulled over in the "danger zone". Seriously, he would've waited.

Love the picture of the "bunny". I apparently was off in my own little world during the concert.

tiburon said...

It does look like a bunny...

tiburon said...

Oh and is there an open invitation for the raping and pillaging? ;)