7.14.2009

it stung like a violent wind



the concert was awesome. i'm not going to lie - there was a point when they first came on stage that i fought back tears. i choked it back, cause come on - but it was everything and more than i wanted. they didn't disappoint in the least. i love musicians who are simple & talented. there wasn't some big show - they just played & sang and momma surely did likey. but to me, death cab is one of those bands where i like all of their music. sure, i have a few favorite songs - but i can't think of any that i don't like. i'm going to tell us all that i was just having an emotional "i'm so happy & in love & excited that i'm here with my favorite person to hear one of my favorite bands" moment. [and i'm sure that warrents some mockery from at least jared & holly, but just you wait until no parents are around & then i'll dish out my defense.]

mostly, i realize that the quality of the video isn't the best & that probably no one but me, maybe garrett & maybe jamie will watch any of these videos, but i wanted to put them on here anyways, so deal.


[mom - i can easily give you a cd next time you're here of a little mix of some of my favorites, i know as soon as you figure out that death cab is a band, you'll be wanting some of their music. you'll likey, i promise!]

thanks again, jamie! it was a fantastic evening.

7 comments:

garrett said...

it was a really fun concert, and a really great night. i had lotsa fun with you. thanks for posting the videos! love you.

MiaKatia said...

Love a good concert!

rychelle said...

fun! fun! fun!

Jamie Harker said...

I'll post the 2 videos I took on my blog here in a little minute (and by that I mean the next couple of days...haha) Had fun with you crazy kids! Thanks

Holly O. said...

So glad you had a good time. That seems like it would be a fantastic one! (look!!! no mocking.)

Heather said...

I'm sure they are sold out in Portland, or sadly they have been and gone. I just remember hearing they were coming, I even called Scott and said we should go. But that was it. Darn it. Glad you had such a great time.

tiburon said...

Looks like a fab evening! You know that I support the concert going 100%! Glad you had a good time :)