9.28.2008

"i can smell your brakes!"

garrett said that to his mom yesterday. when she told him to downshift because she could smell his brakes as we were driving through the mountains. later on i laughed so hard, it was like a delayed reaction. when it hit me though, i couldn't stop. it was such a juvenile, snotty thing to say, he's lucky he didn't get slapped. that's why i love him (he was joking... see, i love his automatic comeback abilities.) we went up to cascade springs yesterday, which is up american fork canyon. jared, liz & madeline rode in the car with us. between garrett's stellar driving abilities & jared yelling at pedastrians, i think someone is lucky i didn't mess my pants. we had a good time, to say the least.
oh yeah, madeline presented me with this (not an actual can of dr pepper, it is a little lip smackers thingy) when i walked in their house yesterday. apparently she'd been thinking of me on her trip to yellowstone. i love her. she's absolutely darling. you should see her in person, she oozes personality.

we came back just in time to stop by the "what a woman wants" expo at south towne. this woman only wants one thing... the funnyface photobooth at her wedding reception. funnyface was doing a giveaway and we just had to sign up for it! we did. and we had a chance to get in the booth and have a little fun. if we win, it'll be what i'm most excited about at our reception. (they're announcing the winners tomorrow... keep your fingers crossed!) thanks holly for the heads up! (funnyface aka deb has been holly's photographer - she's the one who did will's monthly pictures)
so the deal is, you cut the pictures down the middle (4X6) and then we'd keep one strip & the people would keep the other strip. is that not the coolest?
then, this was in my mailbox when i got back to school. yes, as a teacher, i still have to have my picture taken every year. not my favorite thing... but the note on my picture this year made up for it. i laughed so hard. i don't know who wrote it, but it sure tickled my fancy.

12 comments:

Holly O. said...

I want you to win that booth!!

Julie said...

Oh picture day! That is hilarious about the post it note. I would like to admit that it was me- but my box isn't there any more! So can I ask what you do with all your pictures?

Tiburon said...

Oh how AWESOME would that booth be?!?!? You might even get a shot of my nakey bum ;)

Okay, you totally won't but it would be soooooooooo fun!

Tori said...

ok, so this one sounds like the brother I know. I'm so jealous you went to cascade springs! I love that place.
I haven't been in forever. You should have garrett show you all the family pictures taken there - tons of 'em. Matching outfits and all. That booth would be the coolest thing!

Jared said...

We had a fun time going up the mountain with you guys, too. I especially liked when you called that guy a "jerk-wad." I think I peed a little. Seriously, though I am still having nightmares about the disaster that is your jump drive. Maybe next time you come over I can show you how "folders" work. We could make a night of it, Liz could make dinner, we could even get real crazy and open up a fresh jar of Liz's homemade plum jam!

Shelley said...

I love the funnyface booth! Nice work on finding Deb in the first place Holly! She does great work, and I love the idea!

tara said...

you MUUUUUST win that booth. coolest wedding pictures for certain.

your picture is stunning hayley. nice:)

100 Percent Cottam said...

that photo booth is the coolest thing i've ever seen. i want one in my house. and all of my parties. how sweet is that?

MiaKatia said...

My favorite part is that it says "I'm taken... and for a lifetime" even though it is for much longer than that ;)

Brittany said...

so funny! someone at your school sure has a good sense of humor!

Jori said...

You people are BEYOND cute! seriously.

Tyler and Cassidy said...

Sorry about the blog stalk - I know Garrett though. I just wanted to let you know that my sister had the funnyface photo booth at her wedding a few months ago and it was a huge hit. Couldn't keep the little kids from hogging it all night though :)