9.29.2008

happy birthday dad!


yesterday when i realized that my parents had their phones turned off and were on their way to germany, i cried. i didn't get a chance to say good bye to them. or happy birthday. it broke my heart, cause i always want to say goodbye... and this time, even more so - cause i won't get to talk to my dad today.
my dad. he's my hero. i might've mentioned this before. its so easy to look up to him. he's hard working, he's dependable, he's wise, he's entertaining. i've never known someone to be so selfless... he's happy if his girls - my mom or any one of my sisters - are happy. he's sad when we're sad, and yet he's always got the right advice to share to pull me back up. amd don't even get me started on the kind of grandpa he is. growing up, i knew i had an awesome family. i liked both of my parents, but i think it took becoming an adult to appreciate all that my parents did.
now, i see him play and teach the kids and i love him more and more for it everyday. i know he did those things with us, with me... i just didn't get to stand back and enjoy it all.not everyone has the kind of father that i have. how did i get to be so lucky?

dad, i love you. happy birthday. i'm sorry i didn't get to say good bye!

10 comments:

Tiburon said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY JONES!!!!

What a sweet post Hayley :)

buttercup said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Bishop!

Shelley said...

Love the post! Happy Birthday Papa Jones! :)

Holly O. said...

Happy Birthday Pops. I love you.

Dad said...

Great birthday wish, we don't say good bye, just see you later.

Heather said...

I didn't get to say good bye either!! Bummers. Happy Birthday Dad. xo

tara said...

happy day mr jones:)

MiaKatia said...

Happy Birthday Papa Jones. From all you girls say about him it is easy to understand why you all love him so much.

Sarah Young said...

What a great post! Your dad is just so dang loveable!

Brooke Barragan said...

brandy and i were talking about him the other day and how great it was to have him around during some not so happy years. he's a keeper.