5.23.2008

I HATE T-MOBILE!

most of you don't know this... but for the last few weeks, i've been having major troubles with my phone through t-mobile. i've been with them since 2005. pretty much ever since i've been with them, i've had some complaints about them, but most of my family uses them, so i didn't do much.

until now. (brace yourself people. i was charged up!)

so for about three weeks now, fairly frequently, in the middle of a call ONLY ON MY END i hear a high pitched, loudish squeaky squealy noise. followed, by loud, obnoxious static. people on the other end could hear me, but i couldn't hear them. only way to solve the problem was hanging up & calling back.

so i called in many many times. last wednesday they decided that it was my phone, which i'd had for 14 months. so i agreed to buy a blackberry pearl. they didn't give it to me for free, but they did give it to me at a discounted price. ok, but not ideal. in my mind, if my phone (which i've been paying insurance on every month for over a year) breaks, it should be replaced. so i get the new blackberry & expect the problem to be solved...

it wasn't. i call back in. they literally said, "oh, it must not be the phone. you need a new sim card." REALLY? it wasn't the phone? seeing as how i'm not the world's biggest idiot, you don't think i can figure that out on my own? so i drive to the t-mobile store (again, by now this is my 2nd trip into the store... approximately 5 miles away. gas people. its not cheap) and pick up the new sim card. this is tuesday night. again, problem is supposed to be solved.

NOPE. yesterday, i was talking to heather, problem happens again. RAGE! i call into t-mobile, it happens again. so i call back, and finally talk to the one helpful person that worked at t-mobile in my many, many conversations... she worked with me for a while, and at one point, when the problem happens again, she called me back. she gets me talking to some with the blackberry support who tells me that i need to call in from a different line. i don't have a home phone, so i was kinda out of options. they suggest going into the t-mobile store again. so i did... i drive down there (trip #3) and call in. the next moron that i talk to tells me that i need to link up my phone to my computer.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! those losers just had me drive to the store, to call from a different line. i went beserk. i'm sitting in the t-mobile store & yelling at the absolute freak on the other end of the line. other customers who are in there, come up to me saying stuff like "i've been there, this sucks for you!" the poor store manager was huddling in the corner, i'm sure scared that i'd attack him. (if he wasn't a nice man, i mighta!)

bottom line, i left the damn t-mobile store after being on the phone with them for 3 hours last night, with a loaner phone, because i was done. i was going to mail back the blackberry (which i did today) and get out of my contract. for $200. (which i also did today.)

here's what i did today.
1. went to fedex and shipped the blackberry back.
2. went into verizon wireless. got signed up for their services. got a cool new phone, found out that as a school district employee, i would be reaping FABULOUS benefits. walked out of there happy.
3. drove back to the t-mobile store & returned said loaner. the manager from last night wasn't there, but the sales guy who has been in there every other time was. he remembers me to say the least. i told him to apologize to the manager for me. he looked up my account, and made note that i was paying for the early cancellation fee & returning the loaner. he also (for me) noted in my account that the reason i was leaving t-mobile was because of "shaid" the a-face supervisor who was basically worthless and accused me of being a liar. (because things that people had told me weren't noted in my account, so he said that no one had told me that.) severe malice in my heart for that shiad.
4. came home & learned all about my new phone. and fell in love. and simmered. (not having my parents to talk to through this whole week was rough on me!)


so to all of my ol' t-mobile peeps - sorry that i won't be a free call to you anymore. but i just had to leave. if talking to me makes your rates or anything go up, let me know. i'll pay the new difference, just to keep you from getting mad at me ;)

Here's what i'm suggesting:
DON'T USE T-MOBILE. GO TO VERIZON WIRELESS!
yes, i'm officially a t-mobile hater. and protester. don't let me find out you signed up with them, after this post!

12 comments:

Emily J. said...

Never been a T-mobile fan myself. My hubby used to sell cell phones. He is anti-cell phones now.

Jori said...

I'm doing my part Hayley, we're with at&t. I wish I could full on rage on someone. I'm kind of wimpy. I'm more snippy and then freak out behind their back. I can blow and it's ugly when it happens it's just SO rare(to someones face anyway). Like maybe 3 times in my life. Customer service issues make me SO made. So few people know how to do it. Take today for instance. We are trying to get a pop at Target. Lame-o Target worker walks over to stock the fridge and says she will be with us in a minute. Good thing my mom is tough because she said we didn't have time to wait. Lame! You are my hero, I love that you have cahoneys(is that spelled right?)Enjoy that sweet new phone.

Shelley said...

Yay Hayley! I'm with Verizon too! :D

Jan said...

I'm with Sprint but haven't been a huge fan of theirs either (although to be fair, they have improved a LOT since I signed my 2 year contract which is up in October). I will remember this when October rolls around. Sounds like a nightmare.

Suzie said...

Hays, tell me how you really feel, honey.

Holly O. said...

I am in such turmoil over here. SUCH TURMOIL. I just got the blackberry with T-Mobile (as you well know) and extended my contract for two years. First contract isn't up until the fall. My other phone is completely falling apart. SOOOOOO, do I deal with T-Mobile (I have no complaints about service) and the new phone or do I go back to the old phone and switcheroo back to Verizon? I know what YOUR vote is!!!

Brittany said...

I can't believe they made you pay the $200 contract fee. I would be
livid! I think that it is great they do extra benefits for school district employees. After working in Felicity's classroom this past year I have extra appreciation for teachers for all the crap they have to put up with!

Melissa said...

We have been with Sprint for years, in fact for as long as I've had a cell phone, we've had Sprint. There are certain things that bug but it is such a pain in the a** to get out of your contract...Sorry about the mess!!

Heather said...

I haven't been with T-mobile for years, yes THEY SUCK.

100 Percent Cottam said...

i used to feel that way about sprint, but my wrath has chilled over the years. we're still with them...

Kristin Jones said...

Dang!! We've been with T-Mobile for a long time. That really stinks!

Mia said...

Man this all sounds so frustrating.I am so sorry that T-mobile was so rotten to work with.