8.24.2009

not just talking about it anymore

[this picture was taken while G was driving. the sky was gorgeous!]

in my last post, i complained and whined a little. well, i hope it was just a little.

i'm feeling better. and driving back from st. george last night, we talked a lot about the areas we're slacking in. budgeting, eating healthy, exercising, house cleaning, couponing; to name a few. i had lots of ideas swirling through my head. it was an inspiring drive - one thing i like a lot about garrett is that he's a good team player. i know he'll inspire me when i need it & i know he'll not fight me on things that i'm working on. i have lots of ideas swirling in my little ol' head right now.

i'm going to put these ideas into action. it'll require not bringing as much work home, which will require me to be more productive when i am there. it will also require me to keep my goals in mind at all times. i'm going to get my house whipped into shape again. i'm going to start making time to exercise. i'm going to start fixing healthier dinners. [hells bells, fixing any kind of dinner will be a big step for me.] i'm going to tackle that laundry. i'm going to clip those coupons. i can do it, right? please help me stay inspired.

9 comments:

Mom said...

I'm doing the same thing with eating and exercising. I know you can do it. Garrett will be a big help and you can do it all together. In fact, we are having a healthy salad for dinner tonight. Beautiful picture of the sky. I love it when those rays of light come down from the heavens.

rychelle said...

you can do it! (and so can i, right?)

em said...

Noting like a good road trip to get you thinking about what really matters to you. Good luck!

garrett said...

You can do it, put your back into it! ;) We're gonna be so good it's gonna be awesome! We can totally do it! Love you, babe.

Sarah Young said...

Hayley, this is just what I needed to hear. I am going through the same thing right now... which is basically feeling like I suck at everything. Seriously, my house is such a mess it looks like it's been burgularized. My laundry is piled up high and wide. I haven't clipped coupons any time recently. I'm just recommiting myself to exercise. Dang it I refuse to suck at Dave (Ramsey), but even that could use improvements. I'm glad I'm not the only one out there who is floundering in life's never ending to-do list. Let's help each other through this funk, dang it!

Aimee said...

I was thinking of your saying: "you can do it, put your back into it" but Garrett beat me to it.

Just think of the little engine that could... pretty soon you'll be saying, "I KNOW I CAN!"

J+S said...

I remember how difficult it is to come home from school and fix dinner. I love using leftovers to make the next days dinner (ex. barbeque chicken one night then barbeque chicken pizza the next ... terriyaki chicken one night yaki tacos the next ... grilled steak one night steak taco salad the next) Then you only have to cook meat every other day. Hope it helps. Good luck. Stay positive.

Holly O. said...

Hayley. Hayley. Hayley. You read my mind. I need to do all of the above too.

tiburon said...

You check in with me every day.

If you fail - I will punch you.