5.12.2008

its been said that hummingbirds don't perch

but they do. at least they do on my little ol' hummingbird feeder. yesterday, i saw TWO hummingbirds at my feeder. (my first ones of the season!!!) the first time, he was perched & he was looking for beverage. i'd put a little nectar out earlier in the week, but just a bit. it was either dried up or they'd eaten it. well, i quick as could be, refilled the feeder ALL THE WAY. and later on, a hummingbird was back. and he was perching, too. i fancy that it was the same bird.

last year, i had a hummingbird that would come into my porch & he would come by the window, as if looking for me. he would not fly away if he saw me. even if i talked to him. it was so exciting to me.

mom, how would you feel if i did this?! (don't worry, i'm totally kidding - i just like keeping her on her toes!)
(pictures from flickr & google images... be careful if you search for "hummingbird tattoos"...)

10 comments:

Jori said...

This is blowing my mind. I was at the park a couple of weeks ago and saw one land. It sat in the tree FOREVER! It was so cool.

You get that fancy schmancy tat. It's bea-ti-ful!

Kristi said...

Hayley, you are too stinkin cute for words. And tat yourself up, baby! :) I'm w/ Jori, that tattoo is gowgeous.

Carter Family said...

I love reading your blog. I also love watching hummingbirds or any bird for that matter- I love watching nature!
(Ava says she does too!)

MiaKatia said...

I am half tempted to do a google search for humming bird tattoo! But I will take your word for it. I love that you have a birdy friend I hope he comes back this year.

Heather said...

I'll have to get my hummingbird feeder stuff back out. I got so grossed out back in Houston with all bird feeder stuff when I saw a RAT hanging from my bird feeder eating the seeds. GROSS. But you do have a little birdie friend, yup!

Holly O. said...

Ewwww. Heather saw a rat hanging from hers? Why don't I remember this story? I'm so happy you love hummers to much, Goose.

Shelley said...

I'm loving how you love those hummingbirds! I saw your little feeder this past summer when I dropped off your quarters! It was so so cute!

OH, and I'll probably be in Utah first week of August! WOOHOO!

Emily J. said...

I love humming birds they are so cool! I like the tat, what's wrong with that?

Mom said...

You are cute with the hummingbird. I like the real thing better than a tattoo. But I bet you knew that.

Jan said...

We just saw one here the other day - but he definitely did not perch. Amazing little things, aren't they?