10.15.2007

update on the "website"

tonight i went to dinner with an old "friend" we dated in between the rat bastard's episodes of messing with my head. when he came back, i self destructed (i can admit that now) my relationship with all others. and proceeded to ruin a very fun, exciting relationship. we only dated for a few months, but in that time, we had so much fun. anyway, we found each other on lds singles yesterday & talked. decided to go to dinner this week, turns out that tonight was best for both of us. we sat and talked and laughed for 2 hours again tonight. i don't know what he thinks - i am pretty sure he wants nothing more than friendship from me & i honestly can't blame him. and i'm ok with that. he's entertaining. he's a volleyball coach for a living. he doesn't put up with crap from girls, but he also can be a great listener & is understanding. its like the best and worst of both worlds :)

then, and i don't want to say too much here, cause you never know who is reading - greg starts texting me tonight. greg. the one guy that i've had this crush on. the one guy, probably since i've known the rat bastard that stood a chance with capturing me. i mean, i've dated other guys & had fun, but i was definitely the one being chased. and this guy - i've put forth effort, without trying to make him feel like i've got our wedding invitations printed. i've tried to be all those things - friendly, playful, flirty; all that horseshit that i'm not in the mood at 28 to be anymore. bottom line: we're going out to dinner on wednesday. he's even picking me up. go figure. just when i quit him, he gets interested.

read this post quickly, cause it might get deleted :)

14 comments:

Jori said...

whoopee girl! you are working it. I know what you mean. By the time I turned 28 I was just not in the mood for any games. I just wanted to know are you in or are you out. If we don't like each other let's just get on to the next one.

Mom said...

You are fun, Hayley. I wondered where you were last night.

Shelley said...

ooh la la! :) I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Holly O. said...

Yay!!! For both of these prospects.

Jan said...

Can I just say that I"m not surprised? Yay for you -- and THEY are lucky to be able to spend time with you!

Dad said...

Did I count 3 or 4? I'll send an e-mail, I need more specifics about you new old friend and Greg.

Hayley said...

swear words. that's what my dad is counting. good hell.

Kristi said...

Work it like you own it, Baby! Shake your moneymaker! Shake what yo Mama gave you!!...ok, I am a little over the top and probably inapropriate with that (sorry), but I think you are so freakin funny Hayley!! I love your sense o humor. And just s you know, any of these guys would be lucky to snag you...

Emily said...

Your dad is counting swear words? LOVE IT! I'm glad your having some fun and they aren't all creepy bastards. As for Greg, make him think he can't have you...it worked for me.;)
I agree with Kristi anyone who ends up with a hottie like you is going to be one LUCKY guy!

Melissa said...

When it rains, it pours! You go for it girl...you are a great catch!

By the way, your dad and my daughter, Hailey, need to team up and become the "cursing patrol"...she's always watching my swearing! Good grief!

Heather said...

I can't think of a more fitting name for "him". I'm excited to hear more developements! Good night last night!!!

tara said...

oh I'm so glad I caught this before you deleted it. your did is such a gem:)

way to be hayley. you are one hot little number. It's about time greg pulled his head out of his ass.

tara said...

umm...that would be "dad", not "did". my bad

100 Percent Cottam said...

when it rains, it pours indeed! that's just how it goes. you may need to start up an "invite only" blog that we can read all the dirty details about these boys on. ahem. i'll be expecting to be invited, of course! :) keep us posted!