12.30.2008

home from Christmas

and I'm missing Heather's kids something fierce. when my mom told me that yesterday morning Hopey came crawling into bed looking for me, i almost cried. i miss hearing her say "ok, ok, ok" when she's being silly & playful. i miss hearing her tell guy to clap while she's bouncing. i even miss hearing her say "hey!!!" and "no, no, no!" when she's being a stinker. i miss playing iPod with hunter, i miss hannah playing with my hair, and i miss playing wii with hayden. i also miss goofing around with my sister. we spent most (read 98%) of my trip in the house, so we had a lot of time to make goodies and be silly. Christmas at Heather's is always delightful! so many wonderful memories made last week!

garrett and i almost didn't make our flight yesterday. i was so stressed & panicked. don't get me wrong, we got to the airport an hour and a half early. baggage check was insane. we waited in that line for over 50 minutes. the gate agent said, "you know your flight leaves in 20 minutes, right?" i wanted to punch the guy. then we still had to do security! we were in such a rush, that i left my little baggie of liquids/lippies there. stink! so now i'm out about $30 in chapsticks & glosses and an awesome little tub of hand lotion. but at least with running to the gate & sweating like pigs, we got on...

last night we were able to go and have a Christmas dinner with garrett's siblings & parents. it was fun and the eats were delish. i feel so lucky to be marrying into that family!

now, if only i wasn't plagued with a pretty intense head cold that i assume i picked up at heather's. i have been sneezing so much & biting my tongue, too - suck! and i pretty much can't breathe out of my nose - but at least it hasn't gone into my chest... yet... keep your fingers crossed!

my parents will be here for new years - so we'll be celebrating at heidi's with a fondue party - which should be a treat. i hope everyone has a great new years!

3 comments:

garrett said...

I miss the Gray's, too. It was definitely a fun Christmas!!! I'm sure they all miss their best auntie Hayley, too. I love ya and hope that cold doesn't get worse!

Heather said...

Hayley!!! I miss you too, it sure was fun. Being stranded at the house might not have been so much fun without you. "That Guy" is missed too. :) Sorry about the cold hahehahe....

Holly O. said...

I think I am doing fondue tonight too. Not that you really give a rat's arse what I am having for New Years food, but still.