1.02.2014

books read in 2013

well, this year was a considerably small reading year for me. i was busy. lots of things going on. way more than normal number of nights going to bed without reading at all. i hope 2014 catches back up!

i typically post about books that i've read every year. see past years here. 2012. 2011. 2010. 2009.

here's what i read this year: i'll go back and rate them again, without going to my official goodreads rating - based off my current memory.

  • My Story by: Elizabeth Smart [22] ****
  • Heft by: Liz Moore [21] ****
  • The Rent Collector by Camron Wright [20] *****
  • The Namesake by: Jhumpa Lahiri [17] ***
  • To Kill a Mockingbird by: Harper Lee [16] *****
  • Can You Keep a Secret? by: Sophie Kinsella [15] ***
  • The Storyteller by: Jodi Picoult [14] ****
  • Looking for Me by: Beth Hoffman [13] ****
  • And the Mountains Echoed by: Khaled Hosseini [12] ****
  • The Language of Flowers by: Vanessa Diffenbaugh [11] ****
  • The Orchardist by: Amanda Coplin [10] ****
  • Crazy Little Thing by: Tracy Brogan [9] **
  • Jane Eyre by: Charlotte Bronte [8] **
  • Beautiful Ruins by: Jess Walter [7] **
  • The End of Your Life Bookclub by: Will Schwalbe [6] ***
  • The Light Between Oceans by: M.L. Stedman [5] ****
  • Before I Die by: Jenny Downham [4] **
  • The Twelve Tribes of Hattie by: Ayana Mathis [3] ***
  • The 19th Wife by: David Ebershoff [2] ***
  • Sharp Objects by: Gillian Flynn [1] ***
  • The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder by Rebecca Wells [18] ****
  • The Cuckoo's Calling by: Robert Galbraith [19] ***

favorite books: The Rent Collector, The Storyteller, The Light Between Oceans.

i boldied any books that got a four star or higher rating - cause i would highly recommend them to you! 

1 comment:

Beth said...

I thought I had read that name wrong when I read Beth Hoffman. I'll have to check out that book for sure. You definitely read more then me this year!