4.30.2012

rip this!

who ever would've thought that this chubber would spend most of her blogging time on workouts these days? 

i'm doing ripped in 30 days. week 1 - i loved it, i could do everything, i felt challanged... started week 2 today - it was hard. some of the moves were difficult and i had to really modify - my back is still a struggle and i have to baby it a little. after the workout, i talked to hojo & she said "you'll build up to it" when i said that if it gets that much harder from week 2 to week 3, i don't know if i'll be able to do it.

after 1 week, i've lost a pound [this is from my starting ripped weight, not my last fgi8 one which was the lowest... i'd love to get down to that!] and 2.5 inches overall. the inches i'm proud of - they've gone no where but down...  so even though i'm not seeing the weight fall off like i'd like, i am seeing inches disappear. yay!

my reward to myself this time is: 6 week six-pack.

i'm also running my first 5k on saturday. terrified. with my back going out and the shin splints, i'd originally wanted to be about 2 weeks ahead of where i am now. but i'm doing it. i'm not going to let the back win. i will finish my couch to 5k training this week - with my last run being the actual 5k. no practice...  which worries me but it is what it is. i can do it!

i still know that i need to be a better eater, and i'm trying. but i also know it could & has been a lot worse.  so i'm giving myself some credit. 

2 comments:

Kristin Jones said...

You're doing awesome!!

Katey said...

That's so awesome about the 5k! Yay for accomplishing goals. I'm so excited for you :) Way to go with all of this. That race is gonna be one awesome deal. I bet you will do better than you expect cause you will have some extra adrenaline that working out everyday just doesn't have. I can't wait to hear all about it!!

I'm surprised at how well I am doing with running these days. My battle is these darn knees. They are sore most of the time. I think they have just had a good 20 years of obesity wearing on them. Now I'm trying to fight the obesity and they aren't wanting to join me in the battle cause there a little too worn out. I keep on keeping on though and try to baby them when I need to. I could probably put some ice on them every now and again as well.

I feel like we are both so motivated right now in all of our weight loss attempts. I wonder what it is that has really made things click for us. I also like that it's at the same time so we can have our little chats now and again about it. I honestly feel like I'm at the peak of health right now. I'm working out more than ever and I may not be losing tons of pounds but I am feeling pretty darn awesome and have a good amount of energy. That says a lot for me! Now I just need to make it through finals week...then I'll really be sitting pretty :)