- i've gained 2.5 pounds. i don't love this, but because of inches lost i'm not losing motivation or hope.
- inches lost details: chest - 1.5 inches, waist - .5 inches, hips - 1.5 inches, forearm - .5 inches. giving me an over all total in inches lost: 4. that is encouraging.
- i can easily wear a size smaller than what i was wearing at my heaviest. and i was barely able to squeeze into them. now, the size smaller is getting too loose and i'm considering moving into an even smaller size.
- i bought 2 pairs of capris to wear this summer in the size smaller. granted they are stretchy, but i didn't think they'd fit when i got home... thought i'd have to work for it for a few more weeks. they fit. they'll look better in a few weeks, but i could wear them out of the house right now. with no shame
- thus, i am technically 2 pant sizes smaller already. even though i'm 3 pounds up. go figure.
- i've not only been doing the shred. i've been doing 5 days a week on my couch to 5k training. i'm up to running 5 minutes at a time, a couple times in the workout.
- my shins are hurting... shin splints are not my friend. this is a result of poor shoes and over training.
- new shoes are in order. and laying off on the running for a week or so.
- i can walk on the treadmill, but not run.
- aleve is my friend, now.
- so is ice. for 20 minutes, 3 times a day.
- i don't want to let a little pain get in my way. i'm loving the couch to 5k bit.
- i'm also, oddly enough for anyone who knows me, loving the shred.
- i've not missed a day yet of the shred. if i keep it up, i'm buying ripped in 30 days as a reward to myself.
- my original goal was not to miss more than 3 days. i'm still keeping to that goal - ripped will come because i don't think i'm going to miss even 1 day.
- i say, "suck it, jillian!"
- i wish the pounds were coming off, but with the inches doing it, i'm staying strong.
halfway through the shred
here are my thoughts and feelings on the matter.