3.25.2012

nursery boy

mikey went to nursery at church today. he's been eligible for a few weeks, but with traveling and sickness today was his first day. the last 6 months have been hard for us both. garrett & me. we both spend most of sharing time out in the hall with him. we were both really excited about him going into nursery & i will say that it was nice today to be there for my class. but it was hard to drop him off. hard for me, not him. he went right in and didn't even care that i left him. i went in between 2nd and 3rd hour to check on him & he was sitting on his chair like so. he seems so tiny and big all at once. the nursery leader caught my eye and gave me a thumbs up and mouthed, "he's doing great!" when i went to pick him up, he came running to me and was happy to see me. the nursery leader said, "we like him! he needs to rub off on some of these other kids." which made me feel good. i like him. i think he's a nice little guy. and i'm glad he seemed to have a good time. nursery exhausted him because when we got home he ate and then went down for an almost 2 hour nap which is practically unheard of when he takes a long morning nap, too. 

he's getting big. all of a sudden he wants to walk everywhere & asks us to let him. he wants to walk in from the garage and up the stairs. he wants to walk and push the cart at target. he wants to walk at the grocery store. he's saying new words everyday. some are clear as day and others are completely off.  for example, bird is "foosh." when you put him down for a nap and he doesn't want to sleep, he calls out to his cousins and their dogs. yesterday he was calling out for porter and annie for a half hour before i finally rescued him, it was hilarious. i love hearing him talk to himself while he plays or resists naps. i really do enjoy this little guy. he's a sweet one. kisses from him are the best. 

5 comments:

garrett said...

This is the cutest picture in the world. He really is a sweet little guy. Sure, there's the screaming and still occasional swatting, but he's a good kid and likes everybody. I like him.

Holly O. said...

I remember with such fondness the first time each of my boys went into nursery. Such a milestone!!

Beth said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Can he get any cuter? I heart little "big" Mikey so much. I can't believe he's already old enough for nursery. That means Finn is right behind him, but I doubt he'll be as easy going as Mikey.

Courtney said...

Oh my gosh, I don't think I've ever seen a cuter picture - EVER! He is so adorable. No wonder you like him so much.

garrett said...

I love the picture. He's the cutest kid ever!