10.29.2011

even with a fat lip, that face can't be beat...






mikey smacked his face into the side of the tubby tonight. i was in the kitchen and heard garrett gasp. then i heard mikey start screaming. not the mad cry, the very bad painful cry. i ran in & garrett was already holding him. there was a lot of blood right away, so garrett sent me into the other room. first thing i did was grab my phone and call my parents, cause that is what i do in crisis mode. run from the problem and call my parents. a few seconds later, i faced the mess and went into the other bathroom to find garrett sitting and holding a cold washcloth up to his mouth. the bleeding was slowing down a little, but as soon as i held my baby boy, the crying stopped. talk about warming your heart. he might not realize that i'm worthless in a crisis mode yet, but i think someday he'll figure me out. garrett kept trying to stop the bleeding and eventually we got him dressed. i tried to hold him and let him suck on an ice pack, but he wanted to get down to play. too bad for him it was bedtime. i am dreading seeing that fat lip in the morning. i hope that the 2 little cuts heal quickly. now if someone could just tell my body to calm down and stop freaking out... 

2 comments:

garrett said...

Poor little guy! He was splashing and playing in the tub. He was standing up like he often does, then wanted to sit down hard to make a big splash (also as he often does), but didn't make it far enough back. It was very sad! I scooped him up and got a cold wash cloth, but the real magic was having his mom hold him. He was still facing me, but in Hayley's arms, and that was enough. I hope it's not too bad in the morning!

Beth said...

Poor Mikey and parents. It's no fun when the hurts happen.