8.03.2011

and the scariest monster in the closet is...

mikey is terrified of the vacuum. usually when i get it out of the closet, he stares it down. can't take his eyes off of it. i try to either hold him or have garrett take him in another room when i do it because how i figured it out wasn't pretty. a tortured, body shaking cry. well, i made a mistake in thinking that if he had his back to me playing super happily this morning, it wouldn't bother him. as soon as i turned it on, he whipped his head around and started screaming. poor kid. i held him and only vacuumed the living room because he squeezed me the entire time. 

at the rate i'm going, i won't be winning any mother of the year awards. 

p.s. don't google image search for "scary vacuum" or "haunted vacuum" - because you won't find what i was looking for. just a bunch of psycho pictures that will probably give me nightmares tonight.

5 comments:

jorijepps said...

Hal is scared of it too. Maybe we can get some group therapy. :)

Paige Goepfert said...

I thought Mason would never get used to it! My husband usually puts Mason in our carrier and vaccuums the whole entire house like that. Mason got used to it really quickly. Good luck!

Elizabeth Ward said...

When I used to babysit Andrey when he was little he was so scared of the vacuum. He would run and scream kind of like he was playing but you could see it get serious if you got to close to him with the hose. I just thought that it was a cute little kid thing. Then Patricia tells me that one day when he was running around after a bath (naked) she was teasing him with the hose and accidentally sucked up his WEEWEE! I didn't ever chase him with the vacuum again after that.

I like Paige's idea of carrying him around while you vacuum then he will get used to it and it won't be a big deal after a while.

Suzanne said...

Ava hates it too. Thunder, fireworks-she doesn't care. The vacuum comes out and she panics. How about your kid can come visit me while you vacuum and my pup can come see you when it is my turn? By the way, we need to have dinner together soon!

Beth said...

Mikey is like Finn then too. My floors are nasty because of it. I vacuumed the other week finally and because I've been loosing all of my hair, I almost killed it with the hair wads. Needless to say, Roy wants me to vacuum more often. sorry Finn.