7.13.2011

mix tape mania 2011

Remember back in the day when blogging was fun? (yes, that is a dig.  at you. at me. at all of us.) When we made new friends and we were all obsessed? Before Facebook and smart phones took all the personality out of blogging? Back when I was angry and cynical and needed a forum to vent about my students. My life. I loved blogging. I still do, but because this has always been a public journal for me. Not some way to whore out my craftiness (since I have none) or business (I was a terrible Mary Kay sales person). Just a good ol' fashioned place to interact and share. One of my favorite things we did was mixed tape sharing. Of course the tapes were CDs, but you get my drift.

I'm going out on a limb here and organizing a mix tape mania shares*alot. You have until Friday to let me know if you want to participate. Then I will email everyone over the weekend and let you know how many people are participating and how many copies you'll need to send. You'll mail to me, I will then mail out everyone's mix combos. I would like to have everyone get their copies to me by the end of next week & then I will try to get them mailed out ASAP. It could be fun if you balls up and participate. Leave a comment here if you want to do it with your email address.
the irony of this post is that i typed 95% of it on my iPhone. forgive my hypocrisy. please still participate. i've already thought up a lot of my playlist... think: adele + ingrid + gaga + florence... i'm excited!

16 comments:

garrett said...

I want in! Just think, everyone; you'll get a CD from Hayley, and a separate one from me! Thanks to Austin alternative radio, there will be some hoobastank on mine. :)

Hayley said...

no. garrett. no hoobastank. i won't allow it. :)

Dad said...

I love blogging - because I know how and pretty much know who's looking. You never made me a mixed tape, I think Emma is the only one who ever did and it was a mixed "CD" , what does that mean?

Holly O. said...

Dad was making the rounds this morning! And I'm not in on the mixed CD thing. Sorry. I'm no fun.

garrett said...

Holly, why do you hate blogging, fun, and AMERICA? Jeez.

Beth said...

I'm slightly apprehensive thinking that my music selection is pretty lame, but I would like to see the good tunes from everyone else so i'll suck it up and say I want in...promise not to laugh at my sucky songs???

caron said...

I am also a little concerned I'll have comparatively bad taste in music, but I think it sounds fun! So I'm in, too. And I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else is listening to.

Holly O. said...

Garrett, you crack me up. I am so anti-America it is sick. And not the cool sick. The real sick.

Holly O. said...

And screw it, I'm in. G-Funk talked me into it. Because I don't care if the music I am listening to right now is the same music lots of other people are listening to. I will most definitely throw in a surprise.

garrett said...

Yay!! Holly's in! Hooray for America! ;) I'm sure you won't regret it.

Sarah Young said...

Okay, so it is 11:54 on Thursday night and I am just now reading this, so obviously I can't be in...but for far less lame reasons than Holly. ;)

Sarah Young said...

Okay, I retract my previous statement, I didn't read down far enough...Holly, you are not lame. ;)

Holly O. said...

Sarah, I'm sick. The good kind.

Aimee said...

I'm too late... but this sounded like fun!

Katey said...

Sometimes I don't read blogs in a timely manner and I miss things...BAH!

garrett said...

Dear everyone,

No Hoobastank.

Love,
-Garrett