6.23.2011

staying & coming home

i got emails, texts, and phone calls about my post yesterday. i am fine. yesterday was a hard day - i was not about to snap or anything. i never got cross with mikey. it was just a hard day emotionally for me. i had an agenda and so did he. and his cries were louder than mine. today, i didn't care about the house cleaning. or the little projects. i just sat down there and played with him. and held him. and snuggled him. and fed him. whenever & whatever he wanted. it worked for both of us. everyday can't be like that - but today could. 

i know i am a lucky girl to have a husband say, "go out. have a break." but i wanted to spend my night with my boys. so we did. i appreciate that i could've had a break. but i wouldn't trade the night that i ended up having for anything. i could've gone out with friends for dinner & any other night, i would've loved it. but being home was the best place for me to be last night. garrett took over & it gave me a chance to sit back and just love on them.

thank you all for your support.  it makes me feel loved to hear from so many people - but please do not worry about me. just know that in the last 48 hours, i've eaten way more junk than i should've.

tonight we watched so you think you can dance. i loved this dance. it made me cry. of course. [these two aren't even necessarily my favorite dancers...]

4 comments:

Jori said...

I am glad you are better today. You are a great momma, I love how much you love Mikey.

Holly O. said...

Oh good! It is time for me to start making fun of you for watching that show again!

garrett said...

I like watching that show with you. Holly, I'm the bad influence that made her start watching it! ...30%...

Holly O. said...

We all love that 30%!!!