5.16.2011

things making me smile today:

1. garrett put together a collage of some of our favorite pictures from our photo shoot at easter with my ever so talented, photographer sister . i love looking up at those pictures with my adorable baby boy.
 2. a toothbrush for my baby who is sporting a couple of teeth down on the bottom row.
 3. this pack of sunscreen at costco - which if you use a coupon for, you can get for about $10. which is awesome because one of those spray bottles alone is typically $8. and i don't want my baby boy getting a sunburn on my watch. [if you don't have a baby, you can get non baby packs, too...  still a fantastic savings!]
4. i got myself this new recipe binder. it has some fun organizers & i have finally got my recipes organized in a manner that doesn't drive me crazy. it comes with some sheet protectors, and i've added some of my own. i taped recipes in if they weren't full page. i learned the trick of having recipes in sheet protectors from heather a long time ago... that way if things splatter, no big deal.

things not making me so thrilled today:

1. waking up with pink eye. i don't know where i caught it. i'm sorry if i exposed anyone.
2. mikey screaming himself to "sleep" right now. i wanna suck my thumb and rock in a fetal position.
3. how far behind i am on project life for mikey. i have pictures printed. i have the journaling done, i just need to copy off the blog and put on the journaling cards. it takes a long time. but i really want to get 'er done.
4. eye drops. i really am a freak. i can't stand to have them put in. yes, i can't put them in myself. garrett has to do it for me. and i fight and whine. spaz!

7 comments:

Holly O. said...

Cute. Cute. Cuuuuuuuuuute.

Katey said...

The crying himself to sleep makes me think of that Modern family episode when Mitchell is Ferberizing Lily and Cam is laying in bed crying while he listens to her cry through the baby monitor. Too funny but not really funny all at the same time!!

I hope I don't get pink eye... ;)

Beth said...

I love those awesome pics! How nice to have a sister that takes amazing photos. Also love the recipe binder. It feels so great to be organized. Sorry to hear the sweet Mikey is not having a sweet nap. Hopefully he gets through the rest of teething without too much more fussing. Good luck with the pink eye!!

Jori said...

Cute pictures! I want that recipe organizer. Good job getting sunscreen. I got some at Costco too. It kind of pisses me off when people get burned.

Amy said...

You are so funny! I can just picture you trying to put your eye drops in:)

Heather said...

Cute pictures! My friend Michelle's baby is 6 months and she is not sleeping through the night at all, still every 2 hours. YUCK!!

garrett said...

Yay for all the good things, boo for all the bad things. And I love lists. And Katey, we thought of Cam and Mitchel ferberizing Lily, too. To top it off, we have the exact same baby monitor that they have!