4.11.2011

six ell-bees!

i lost 6 pounds on weight watchers last week. i  know it was the first week, but i don't care - i'm thrilled. already, i can feel my clothes fitting better. i exercised 4 times last week, too. the ipad is a beautiful thing - we're netflixing movies while we walk. garrett lost 9.7 pounds - also amazing. for weight watchers, last night we took more measurements of our bodies. we're both already losing inches. this is great. 

here's what i'm thinking about the whole weight loss/health situation:
  • i refuse to diet for the rest of my life. i will do weight watchers for the next 3 months. i will see where my body is at the end of those 3 months and hopefully like where i am. during these 3 months, i'd like to form healthier eating habits. and stick to them.
  • i will try to exercise about 5 times a week. currently my goal is to get in my workout in between mikey's  morning feedings. usually he'll go back to bed for a couple more hours... perfect time for me to exercise and shower.
i don't need to be a size 6 again. but i need to be healthier. i need to stop loathing what i see when i look in the mirror.  i need to be able to fit into the clothes that i own. most importantly:  i need to be an example to my son. i can't expect him to eat healthy and be active if i'm not. i really do look forward to when spring shows up and sticks around. i plan on many, many walks with my little man.

i'm treating the next 3 months as a way to get to where i should be. i'm not crash dieting, i'm not starving - hells bells, i'm a nursing mom. but i am eating better. less of some, more of others. i went to the grocery store this morning and bought so much produce. at one point, i looked in my shopping cart and smiled. i couldn't believe that i was willingly buying kale, broccoli, sweet potatoes, spinach, bananas, apples, pears, and much more. just for shits and giggles, i threw in some weight watchers ice cream - cause i know me. the cravings will hit at some point. maybe not today, but probably this week.

i can drop these 30 pounds, one green smoothie at a time. mile by mile. or as i like to think of it - movie by movie in the wee hours of the morning. also, i'm going to track my weight loss on the side of my blog. cause i like seeing progress.

4 comments:

garrett said...

Woo hoo!! We can do it! Yay for sweet potatoes! I can't WAIT to eat one of those mo-fos (yes, I'm aware they're primarily for Mikey). Glad we're doing this!

Dad said...

I no longer call it dieting. I have been watching what I eat since last July. I have a new life style. I have learned you just can't eat all you want of anything you want. I know what I look like when I do that and I also know it caused me to have health issues.
I'm proud of both of you.

Katey said...

Yeah Heah sister, keep it up. Can't wait to see you both in a few weeks!

Danelle said...

I've had great success with WW. It's my go to plan after each pregnancy. Congrats!