11.04.2010

missing my first conferences

i realized yesterday as i drove past my old school that i was missing my first parent teacher conferences. garrett asked me, "are you sad you're not there?"  and i didn't even hesitate to say, "NOPE!" granted, conferences make for some really long days and there is a ton of prep work going into them, so you'd kinda have to be crazy to miss that...  but, in general, i am not really missing working. sure, i miss my friends & sure, i miss some of my favorite students that would always come say hi to me at the end of the day. but i'm perfectly content doing what i do now. and really, the majority of what i do is wipe a poopy butt & allow this little bugger to nurse. but i love it. i'm so thankful for this opportunity to stay at home & just take care of my growing little baby.

feel free to remind me that when everyone else was going back to school & i was stuck at home doing practically nothing, before mikey came - i was in tears. now, i like to blame it on boredom, but at the time, i was questioning everything... 

4 comments:

Jan said...

I love how you are loving mama-hood. Truly, there is nothing better. (some days it's not easy - -but school wasn't easy every day either, right?!) And Mikey loves the time he gets with you.

tara said...

the further away you get from work the less you miss it. i've never regretted quitting and staying home. it's 10:15 AM and i am eating halloween candy in my sweats at the computer. pretty hard to complain.

Holly O. said...

I'm gearing up for my FIRST conferences. I happen to be excited.

To this day, I miss work. I shouldn't. I appreciate and love being home with my nuggets. I promise, I do.

But I still miss work, five years later.

Suzie said...

next year when Mikey is running around you won't even remember when conferences are.
you're doing just fine, my dear!