10.05.2010

just finished nursing and had to share a few thoughts...

i've noticed & been thinking lately a lot about how i get these special little moments with mikey when he's getting his drinks. 

i wish garrett could see the darling faces mikey makes when he's nursing. especially when he smiles these huge grins right about as he's about to let go. i love how he'll look at me out of the corner of his eye and just stare. and i love where he puts his hands when they're free.  these are just some of the sweetest little moments in life. and just i get to see them. how special. and the noises... oh the noises. who would've ever thought grunts would be so beautiful.

i imagined motherhood would be pretty good, but this is better than even i expected. 

i'm getting more and more anxious for when the time comes that he smiles a real smile. but it might just be a tad overwhelming and i might just cry my heart out.

for once in my life, i'm holding back. i am not going to post a picture here of him latched on.

5 comments:

Heather B said...

Somehow this post made the fact that I spent the last hour cleaning Jackson's vomit (not spit-up. we've unfortunately passed that stage) out of my car and his carseat more bearable.

And I loved my babies (and nursing actually) way more than I thought I would. :)

Elizabeth Ward said...

This is so true. As hard as nursing can be there is nothing sweeter than the view of your babies while they nurse. No one can see that but the mom. You cannot put it into words to try and help someone else get it. I think that is one of the best blessing of motherhood. I hope that you are able to nurse him longer than I got to nurse my babies.

Mom said...

Thank you for sharing. You made me smile.

Aimee said...

Motherhood IS the best! Loved this post. :)

Mike and Gin said...

I got a tear in my eye reading this! I know exactly what you are talking about. Those tender little sounds and faces. I too get sad when I pack up things that are too small. Right now I am watching him and he just took his binky out and put it back in his mouth. Everyday, something new!