8.03.2010

just a few things:

  • saturday i wasn't feeling so great. i was hot. i was tired. i had a pounding headache. right before we left for a wedding, my sister saw me walking down a hall and realized how bad i really was. next thing i know, i'm lined with ice packs, having my bits flashed to all present, oils rubbed all over myself, and my blood pressure taken. it was high. when i told the dr about it yesterday, i was told that if i had high blood pressure when i was in there for my appointment, i would've been put on bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy. yikes. as is, i am now on weekly appointments for the remainder. [i was just starting my every 2 weeks appointments.] here's a couple things i've learned in the last few days - a) don't put up with a headache. b) apparently being hot and tired while pregnant are a lot more serious than i thought. c) i'm basically not allowed outside anymore, according to my dr. d) my days of french fries are gone. e) i have to be a lot more careful. no more of this tolerating being uncomfortable. 
  • do you see the yellow equal sign in the blue background a lot on bumper stickers?  garrett and i see it a lot & were constantly wondering what it is. it is for human rights. read about it here. just thought i'd share in some knowledge that i finally learned about today.
  • another thing that i've been so curious about lately [and yes, sadly, i've lost sleep over both of these damn issues...] is the target labor dispute going on. why oh why are there people outside of the targets with signs that say "shame on target"??? it bugs me. i always say "shame on you for sitting out there in the heat."
  • i want to clear up any crap i'm going to get - THIS WAS NOT ABOUT ME NOT DRINKING ENOUGH WATER. I WAS HYDRATED!
  • and the dr said the baby was fine yesterday. good. that's a relief.

9 comments:

Beth said...

Almost there Hayley, although I can't imagine it can come quick enough for you. I'm glad to hear the baby is ok and that you are taking it easy 'INSIDE'. Hope you get feeling better!

Jan said...

Holy cow -- so glad all is OK with you now. Pregnancy is hard on the best of days - but it can get complicated.

Hang in there - -you're almost done! xoxo

garrett said...

Glad you're ok now, and glad we've got some advice from the doc. Hope you're feeling good today! Oh, and thanks for clearing up that bit about the yellow equal sign. :)

Jenny said...

I hope you are feeling better! You're almost there.

Maren said...

I'm glad you're ok now too! I bet it's hard to take yourself out of yourself... like now that it's you + baby boy... you can't tolerate a simple headache anymore. It means something isn't right, and you should be aware that it could affect the wit-o one! Interesting! You can do this Hayls! I'm so happy for you! (Even if it's been a SUPER rough ride!)

Aimee said...

Almost done! And now you have a "prescription" to take it easy... so do it. :)

Heather B said...

I love it when you say (type) "flashing your bits." So freakin funny. Take care of yourself Hayley. Pregnancy kind of blows, but Motherhood is way fun!

Mom said...

Keep following doctors orders.

tiburon said...

I think those "Shame on Target" signs are the drywall unions protesting them.

Only because they didn't something and didn't use union labor.

Don't lose sleep over it...