7.22.2010

project his life!

i'm not a scrapbooker. i don't even want to be. i'd rather spend my money on purses and shoes. but i do like pictures. which i realize cost money to develop/print. but that's besides the point.

last year, my sister holly did project 365. [project life is the newer version of project 365.] i loved seeing it get updated...  in my mind, i'd kinda decided that i wanted to do something like that when i had a baby...  which now is kinda just around the corner. last time we were down at holly's house, i sat and looked at their book & loved it all over again. and it made me decide i really wanted to do this. i double checked with gfunkarelli & he approved. 

i ordered one. it came yesterday. i can't wait to start taking pictures & documenting the little things of this kid's first year of life. i just hope i can stay on top of it. but i do know it will be a treasure for him and for me. someday we'll fight over who gets to keep it ;)

so lets review: i'm not creative enough to come up with my own projects - i steal other's ideas. and buy kits to do it. and am going to hope that since i just quit working full time i can stay on top of one little project, even though in the weeks since i stopped working, i can't manage to stay on top of dishes, laundry or even showering before 1 pm...  hmm. this isn't a great starting point.

5 comments:

Beth said...

I love that you steal other's ideas too, now I don't feel so bad. It's going to be a great project to undertake!

Mom said...

You can do it and you are right it will be a treasure forever.

Holly O. said...

Treasure forever...Ned has it right.

Heather said...

You should totally do it. I'm a good copier too, nothing creative here for sure.

Aimee said...

I'm not a scrapbooker either. So, I blog. And Connor's baby book will be a blurb book. That's as good as it's gonna get, too.
I've been ogling that Project Life for months now... the digital version is very tempting. I'm curious to hear how it goes for you... if it's as easy to do as Mrs. Higgins says it is.