7.12.2010

my life is like a children's book today...


by the ever so lovely laura numeroff - if you give a mouse a cookie...

my morning is not panning out as i had planned in my head last night while driving home. i was going to be completely unpacked and dressed by lunchtime. then i was going to spend my afternoon doing coupons and grocery shopping for the week. cause i was going to only make healthy meals all week for us.

when garrett rolled out of bed this morning, i thought "i have to pee" so i did. then i crawled right back into bed. and slept. when i woke up about an hour later, i thought "i should have breakfast" so i did. then i sat down at my computer for a little while. catching up on the world of internets that i've been ignoring since last thursday. sitting reminded me that my back really hurts. so i moaned and groaned for a few minutes, until garrett popped his head out of his office and said, "whats the matter?" and when i explained that my back was hurting so bad, i wanted to cry - he said "go lay down." so i peed and did. little did i know that he was coming in to give me a little back massage. he did that for a while and then i read for a few minutes. then, i fell back asleep. slept for a while, til i woke up feeling the urge to relieve myself. again. did that then came back and sat at the computer. just to putz. not to get anything super productive done.

repeat cycle at least 2 more times. (only instead of breakfast, i am now working on snacks. current snack of choice is a dr pepper. is that healthy? nope! am i a little frustrated with myself? yep.)

there is no way i will be done unpacking by noon, even if i don't stop for any more naps and or mini massages.

and now, i am thinking about cookies.

5 comments:

Beth said...

I absolutely love that book, and I loved the comparison...made me laugh. I'm glad you got away for a little bit, but I totally understand being unmotivated. I'm currently sifting through a week's worth of camping laundry not getting much else done, while the rest of the house falls down around me.

Hayley said...

guess what? got my butt in gear. unpacked and put laundry away by lunchtime. (lunch was just a little later than planned)

now, i'm showered, just need need to get dressed and proceed with the afternoon. not as bad as i thought i was going to do at 10am.

Mom said...

Sounds like you got some wind in your sails. Do you have the Mouse cookie book?

Tori said...

Wow, you pee a lot!! ;)
You did better than me today. I didn't get dressed until 4, but I did change the girls sheets (NOT and easy tasks) and clean the TV room. Laundry was on my list...
The day's not over yet, right?

Aimee said...

You put me to shame... and I'm not pregnant!