6.09.2010

i hope late is better than never

dear aimee,

i've felt an enormous amount of guilt for the last month or so. i got your package & cherished the items in it. i absolutely love everything. i'm not even exaggerating when i say that i show everyone these little sockies - someone comes over to my house & shows the slightest bit of knowledge or interest in me being pregnant, i whip out those bad boys:everyone ohhs and ahhs. i also can't wait til he can play with his bath toys. and that cd! wow, you're awesome. what a smart, creative idea. i know that will be put to great use!

unfortunately, life got sorta crazy soon after receiving this package. this really isn't an excuse. i was raised better than that. i should've gotten a thank you card in the mail. i should have. i'm sorry. i think i've been hiding out of shame from you for the last few weeks. my mom would say "oh, hayley!" in that disappointed voice i hate hearing.

i really do thank you for the package. everything in it is so special to me. you're such a generous friend. THANK YOU!

love, hayley

5 comments:

Mom said...

Those are socks?? Adorable.

Holly O. said...

Those are pretty darn cute.

Mike and Gin said...

Charlie has some "sock shoes" and they are the best! He wears them all the time. Much easier than real shoes. :0)

Aimee said...

"Oh, Hayley!"

You're welcome!!! I'm really glad you liked it! :)

I'm glad you got it, too... I was starting to kick myself for not tracking the pkg when I dropped it at the PO. ;)

Enjoy!

Heather said...

Cute, and very thoughtful of your friend. But I'm your sister and I'm terrible at thank you cards too. Mom can be disappointed in both of us. I'm a really good thank you girl in person.