5.11.2010

"touch the bacon!"

yesterday was a hard day for me. i had a pounding headache all day long. it was miserable. then late in the day, i had 2 kids that had some issues; one was stealing and another decided it was ok to call another student dumb. i don't like thievery or name calling - it just isn't nice. it surely didn't help my grump. i spent the afternoon daydreaming about a cheeseburger. and not just any cheeseburger, one from chilis of all places. i was fighting the urge though cause we're trying to eat out less and save save save.

so by the time i got home from school, i just needed a little downtime. garrett was ready to make dinner, but nothing sounded good. finally he convinced me to just got to chilis and satisfy my craving. on the way over there, my stomach started hurting like crazy and i started coughing. almost threw up. gross. i ordered my cheeseburger, but when i went to take the tomato off, i accidentally got a finger swiping full of mayo, too. it made me gag, instantly. so i closed my eyes and put my head back and said, "garrett, i really need you to get my napkin out for me... i touched the mayo!" he did. and when i finally opened my eyes again, he was looking at me like i was the wierdest person ever. he says, "touch the bacon" because anyone who knows me knows i can eat my weight in bacon.

like touching the bacon is going to make up for my freakishness or the mayo that was almost causing extreme embarrassment and public barfing. he then wanted to clarify that this was a new quirk of mine, i've never had a hard time touching mayo before... although if you remember correctly, i do get a little grossed out by the mayo at times, even pre-pregnancy. well, once i stopped laughing... i still wasn't hungry. between my stomach not feeling good and the mayo incident, my stupid appetite was pretty much shot. but don't worry, i'll be eating that cheeseburger for lunch today.

lesson learned for the day - when you're about to puke, touch some bacon, it'll solve everything.

10 comments:

garrett said...

To clarify, I didn't just say, "Touch the bacon" out of the blue. You were grossed out, I got you the napkin, you said how gross touching the mayo was and that you needed to get your mind off it and think about something else. THEN I said, "Touch the bacon." :) And it did make you laugh, and you did think about something else.

Sorry you had a rotten day. But here's hoping bacon can save the day again, if necessary! Love your face.

Hayley said...

minor details, my friend.

Beth said...

Oh my goodness...I'm laughing so hard. That is classic Garrett! Hayley, I'm sorry you pregnancy has presented you with all sorts of new quirks, but I'm glad your writing them down. Maybe when it's all over you'll look back and get a good laugh at it all.

J+S said...

I always chanted "apples, roses and sunshine".

Holly O. said...

Touch the bacon is better than touch the sausage.

Heather B said...

Again, Holly, how do you think she got in her current situation?!

Hayley, this post make me laugh out loud.

Not LOL. Because I know you love that term so much.

buttercup said...

That's a funny story. I stopped going out to eat when I was pregnant because I felt like I was throwing (up) money down the toilet. Quite literally.

Judd Family said...

I know I haven't been on the blog in a while, so congratulations on your baby boy!!! How exciting!!! I love to see what you write about! I hope you are feeling well.

Aimee said...

If only I'd had BACON around! I'll have to remember that for next time. My kryptonite was brushing my teeth... got the heaves every single time. I contemplated just not brushing my teeth anymore, but that grossed me out more.

Amy said...

I don't think I will ever be able to look at bacon again without thiking of that story. I got a good laugh out of that one!