5.03.2010

nail this!

my finger nails need to be butchered just about every week these days. it is crazy. i can't stand typing or texting or pretty much anything with long nails. i look at people who get fake nails and wonder what is wrong with them. don't get me wrong, i realize that my nails are pretty much most people's dream, they're strong and healthy... but i can't do it. i feel way too prissy. and i don't understand why people waste money on trying to make their nails more difficult.

i also can't stand when people file their nails uber squarish or uber roundish. why can't there be a middle point? a nice rounded square. i don't know where this post comes from, except that my dang nails have been bugging me since about friday & i haven't made the effort to go in and shorten them but they keep on buggin'.

the grass is always greener, isn't it?

7 comments:

Beth said...

I'm so with you on the prissy nail thing...I never have had those fakey nails. aggh and don't even get me started on filing, it gives me the willy's just thinking about it.

Jori said...

I HATE nails! I had fake ones when I was 18 and had them taken right back off. They were the worst. I remember the lady that did my nails got mold under her fake ones and had to soak her fingers in bleach.Ewwww! I keep mine short, you are right it's impossible to do anything with long nails.

garrett said...

You so crazy! I miss you and your nails (long or short) already. Please bless Thursday comes quick!

Holly O. said...

I'm getting a square manicure tomorrow just to get your goat.

Mom said...

I'm a short nail girl, too. Also, I don't like it when people clip their nails in public.

Holly O. said...

Have I ever told you about the time I was at church and a mom was biting down her kids' nails? Instead of clipping them in Sacrament meeting, she was biting them down. It was the most disgusting thing I saw that day. But in her defense, she was just doing fingernails...no toenails.

Mom's comment reminded me of this, in case you are wondering.

Heather B said...

Okay, first of all, your sisters are a little crazy. And I like it. Second of all, I keep reading the title of your post and thinking, "Hello? He already did! How do you think you are in your current predicament?"