5.26.2010

i'm planning it!

i grew up using a planner. in high school it wasn't a fancy one, but it did the job. it kept me organized with assignments, etc. in college, i got a little fancier. post college, i used one for a few years, but eventually phased it out. mainly cause i use a plan book at school every day. i mean, i still used a monthly calendar, but that was enough for me. i was starting to feel a little panicked about when i stop working in just a little over a month (and, i have an off track break starting soon) about being bored out of my mind. cause i know how i am when i'm off track. lazy. unproductive. sleep in til 8 or 9 and then not shower til afternoon when the stink and grime overwhelm me. i don't want my life to turn into that when i stop working. i even joked with kim about how i was going to get a plan book and continue to live out my day in little square blocks. then i remembered, they have "plan books" for non-teachers. they're called planners. so this week, i've started phasing it back into my life. i hit the franklin covey and invested again in the 7 habits layout. and i love it. i'm feeling motivated to do things. like pay bills on time. and menu plan. and keep track of when doctor appointments are. this is going to be a fun, new [all over again] and improved way of life.what about you? how do you function?

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hehehe I'm all about the laziness during off track time. It is kind of pathitic in fact. I am making an effort to NOT be lazy during off track times these days. Not always happening though.

Mom said...

Remember you have someone at home and you will get up and shower and not hang out until noon in jammies.
It will be a little different and then really different with a new baby. They don't sleep in until 8 or 9. I bet you already knew that.

Hayley said...

oh, i know that i won't get to sleep in when the baby comes... i'll be happy for any sleep i can get.

and suzanne, i'm all about being lazy when i'm off track, but i do fear it becoming a way of life when its not "off track" but "not working"

tiburon said...

I am all about my BlackBerry. Everything is in there. I have appointments for everything - including taking my pills every night. Otherwise I would forget...

Holly O. said...

Everything is on my computer/phone. I can't commit to carrying anything else around. But since you like heavy purses, it makes sense you'd want a planner.

hahahahaha

Remember how heavy I thought your purse was in Target?

Julie said...

How exciting not to have to work. I must warn you it is an adjustment. We will have to chat about what I did that first year I was home to keep myself sane. I am so happy for you guys!