- we had madeline and bradley for about 24 hours this weekend. both kids handled being away from their parents very well. i had fun playing with them. i've never been unimpressed, but i was reassured that garrett's going to be a fantastic dad - when that baby started crying at 3 o'clock in the morning, he was up before i was to comfort him. he even let me sleep in in the morning. i'm a lucky lucky girl.
- we dragged the kids around to many a stores while we bought new furniture. the kids were amazing, i know i wouldn't have been as well behaved. i'm so excited about our new stuff - too bad we might have to wait a few weeks for it to come. i've been one tracking big time, i fear that i've worn garrett out talking about what will go where, etc. getting new furniture is definitely taking the sting out of not being able to sell our house.
- everything we bought - debt free. we used some of what we were going to use as a downpayment. that's a good feeling, i gotta say.
- i'm off track now for 2 weeks. then i go back for 3 more weeks of teaching. then, i'm done. my emotions are so mixed about this, but right now i think i just can't get over the shock of how fast it is all happening.
- i've been enjoying hummingbirds lately. i loved pointing them out to madeline and bradley. bradley's facial expression made my day. then, he'd go to the window and yell at them to come back. it was adorable.
- we are going to have more miniature guests at our house this weekend. connor and will. i'm pretty dang excited about that, too.
- among our new furniture, we ordered a king sized bed this week. and a bed frame. and got new bedding. on sale. i can't wait to put it all together. seriously, can't wait.
- my mother in law, DeAnne offered us an amazing little blessing last night - to store some of our furniture that we don't want to get rid of in their basement. we were going to use our garage as storage space, cause i don't want to pay for a rental storage space every month. this way, my car will get to stay in the garage - especially nice during the winter months with a brand new baby. thanks for your generosity, DeAnne & Brad.
- plus, last week, we found some goodies at target & garrett now has an orange bathroom. read about it here if you wanna.
here's a picture of the new bed frame. a captains bed, if you will: