4.30.2010

no more slop 'round here!

this week, i was the handwriting nazi. i wouldn't accept any work if it wasn't neat, letters formed correctly - while touching the appropriate lines, and if their spacing wasn't proper. for a few kids, this wasn't an issue. for most kids, they really had to slow down & pay attention. but by today, their work quality has seriously improved and i'm a much happier teacher. i tell them i'm getting them ready for 3rd grade - and cursive - but really, i was just sick and tired at having to guess. i have started a strict "no guessing" policy for the rest of the year. if it isn't clear to me, it is wrong.

yesterday i had 2 dr appointments. neither were fun. at the 2nd one, i might've said something wildly inappropriate to the dr who i felt was being a little smug with me. i can't share what i said. my dad might see this. i'm not using wildly inappropriate loosely here. i promise. i get red in the face when i replay the situation back in my head. but i think i made my point.

we've got a few errands to run tonight, but we mostly plan on being home and maybe watching a movie together. i just texted garrett and said that i'd also like to watch some tv from last night. "grey's private 30 rockin' office." he wrote back and said that i'm the coolest person on the planet. apparently he liked my cleverness. that feels good to be appreciated. garrett, i think you're the coolest person on the planet, too.

ice cream haunts me right now. i can almost taste the minty chocolate chips. too bad i don't have a pint here at school. i might have to rectify that situation. what a recess treat that would be!!!

9 comments:

tiburon said...

SUCK! All this time I thought *I* was the coolest person on the planet.

I REALLY need to know what you said that was wildly inappropriate..

Beth said...

I'm quite curious too. Ice cream is my weakness as well and I don't even have a pregnancy to blame it on. You and G-ward are both very cool people in my book as well!

tara said...

hayley please don't tease me so...

spill it. please:)

Holly O. said...

Was G in the room when you were inappropriate?

Sarah Young said...

Really, you can't tease like that. If you're going to go out there and make a statement like that, I need to know just what it is you said! ;) Just put a disclaimer above your wildly inappropriate statement that says if your name is Mike Jones you are not allowed to read any further. No sense in your Dad spoiling the fun for the rest of us! ;)

pammy said...

come on Hayley! Tell all! P-l-e-a-s-e !!!!!

Aimee said...

I'll be the 7th whose VERY curious about the wildly inappropriate comment!
And, it's "mean" teachers like you who help ensure these kids don't grow up with illegible handwriting like my husband's. :)

Hayley said...

ladies, i'm sorry, but i will not be sharing what i said on here. i'd be happy to email the story to you, but i will not post it on here for the whole world to see. even i have boundaries. :) maybe tonight i'll email on facebook.

Holly O. said...

Hayley has boundaries!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know the story and it is worth an email. Trust me.