4.26.2010

19 weeks but my 20th week? i don't get it.

  • i'm 19 weeks and 3 days pregnant, but i keep getting emails saying 20 weeks. i don't get it. am i 19 weeks or 20 weeks? i just don't want to be a liar here. but i am excited that i'm half way thru this pregnancy.
  • at this point in life, i would be happy if the only thing for me to eat is ice cream. i try not to indulge as often as i want it, but damn - those cravings are strong!
  • round ligament pains are not my friend. in fact, twice this weekend the pain was so intense and sharp that it brought me to tears. why are these pains so freaking scary to me?
  • i just killed a spider that scared the kajeebees out of me in the library, while the librarian was reading a story to my students. with my flip flopper. it was loud. and i didn't clean it up. too scared.
  • i noticed a mole on my arm yesterday that seems to be changing. momma no likey. i just made an appointment at recess for a full body check on thursday. that is 2 dr appointments on thursday. luckily my friend that was subbing in the afternoon for me can do a whole day... moles scare me. momma no likey the thought of skin cancer.
  • i'm now convinced that i have spiders crawling all over my back. wah. why do spiders even have to exist?
  • i don't think i could possibly fit more zits on my face. i thought pregnancy was supposed to bring out a glow in women. i'm sure people look at me and start craving pizza.

14 comments:

tiburon said...

You crack me up - I think you look fabulous!

And you are in your 20th week.

Kind of like I am 35 but I am in my 36th year...

garrett said...

It's like Tib said... You're IN your 20th week, but once you complete that week, you've actually been pregnant for 20 weeks.

I just love you so much!

Heather B said...

No, not pizza. But I could go for some ice cream now. There was NO good treat in the lunchroom today. Fruit popsicles don't count as dessert for me, sorry.

Beth said...

You are just beautiful. And sorry bout those round ligament pains...whatever they are...they don't sound like any fun. Happy half way through your pregnancy!

Jared Ward said...

I am glad your friends have explained how counting works. :)

I am impressed that technology has progressed such that you are now getting email updates from the womb to tell you how far along you are in your pregnancy. They didn't have that back in my day. Will you also be able to deliver the baby via email? If so, maybe you could CC my sister because she's been wanting a baby boy for 4 regular (analog?) births, now.

Have a great 20th week.

Hayley said...

jared, you are such a smart ass. i like you.

Hayley said...

p.s. to all of you sons a guns - i'm 31 right now, but i sure as hell don't go around saying i'm in my 32 year. and i'm pretty sure you don't either. whatever your age might be.

Red Bed Head said...

kind of like when you are nine months from date of conception but still 3 weeks from your due date. Pregnancy is all about lies! And congrats, I haven't been checking blogs and hadn't heard your great news. I am in my 13th week and wondering exactly why I wanted to do this again. but its totally worth it!?!

Mom said...

He will be here before we know it.

Sarah Young said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that only wants sweets and has been hit by the zits. Serioulsy at any given moment I want a donut, ice cream or cookies or just all of the above at the same time. So not too surprisingly, my zits got so bad I had to break down and get some Proactiv...it was either that or not leave the house at all for the rest of this pregnancy!

Maren said...

You're frickin' cute. That's what you are.

I'd be happy to eat ice cream and pizza. :) heh

Jori said...

that confused me too. Only to me it seemed like i would think I was in my 16th week and they would be saying 19th week. Weird. I am so glad you are getting your moles checked, get that ugly sucker lopped off. I hope your ligaments leave you alone that hurts!

pammy said...

wow! you are that far?!?!? Crazy! Time flies!! My baby girl is coming ANY day! Can't wait! Good luck to you! xoxoxo

Aimee said...

Congrats on making it to the halfway point! :) It'll be over before you know it, and hopefully any nausea has subsided. My skin started to clear up just before Connor was born... right around the 23rd week or so, I started noticing improvements.