3.16.2010

chicago trip pictures

saturday: driving around the 'burbs, portillos, and alice in wonderland
sunday: church, long grove, & a drive downtown
monday: field museum and lou's


thursday: home day waiting for computer, then massive computer setup. yay garrett. he's my parents' hero now.
friday: museum of science and industry, r.j. grunts and a visit to my old friend lindsey's house. curses on me for not taking an pictures of lindsey's. [more lou's at lindsey's]
saturday: another trip to portillos & blindside at the catlow.

sunday: churchy, last minute computer stuff, and packing.

all in all - it was a wonderful trip. i had so much fun showing things to garrett. my parent's brand new computer finally came, garrett was able to set that mofo up - he seriously is wonderful. he's patient and capable. more than i can say for mike, marleen, or hayley. [no offense padres] i mean, there's tons of stories, and i might share them bit by bit, but i'm pretty sure that no one else really cares except for me. maybe garrett. maybe my parents.

11 comments:

Heather B said...

Were you there for the St. Paddy's parade? Maybe you were back here by then. No Navy Pier? I love that place. Actually I just love Chicago. :) So glad you got to go and show Garrett your stomping ground.

How's that subbing money treating you now, hmmm?

garrett said...

I loved every minute of it. I loved most that I got to be with you in your town! Every minute of every day for a whole week. We made some great memories!

Love you Hayley! Thanks for taking me to Chicago!

Mom said...

A big thank you to Garrett and Hayley for getting our new computer up and running. We love it. It was so much fun having you here. I relived a little of the week today by going downtown for jury duty.

Dad said...

Yup, Garrett earned his keep last week. On top of the computer, (which by the way I agree with Hayley, there's no way i am patient enough to mess with techno crap)he was fun to be with. Nice pictures, I think you could set up your own photog bus...maybe a family thing?

Beth said...

Love all the cool pics...makes me want to go see more than just the airport next time. Thanks for the Garrett popcorn...it was throughly enjoyed!

Sarah Young said...

Fun! I love your facial expressions in some of those pictures Hayley!

Jori said...

I really need to visit there. It looks like such a great city.

Schagel Family said...

I am so glad you got to go home and have so much fun with Garret and your parents. I love all the pictures. I need to learn how to do that stuff. Oh, by the way, you have really nice lips.

Kristin Jones said...

I'm sorry that we couldn't nail down a time to see each other. You guys were BUSY! How fun that you were able to do so much.

Aimee said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun! Love the pics!

tiburon said...

So glad you had such a great time and that you were able to take the G-man back there to see your stomping grounds.

Looks like it was a blast!