2.08.2010

too good, but still true.

we have a bunch of stuff in our garage that needs to be put away. saturday was a busy day & it just didn't get done. so, my car has been parked in the driveway all weekend. garrett leaves a few minutes before me. this morning when i went to leave, not only did i find that he had taken the garbage out for me. then, i looked at my car & realized that he'd scraped the frost and ice off of my windows, too. i couldn't help but cry a little. this boy, he's wonderful. so thoughtful and sweet.

a long time ago, i decided i wanted to have a superbowl party as an excuse to have all of this food that sounded good to me. we invited a few friends and i got the menu planned. but yesterday, when it came to push and shove time, i wasn't feeling so hot, so garrett spent most of the day in the kitchen making all of the food. there were times i could see that his shoulders were hurting and that his feet were tired, but he never complained. he got the job done & he did a good job at it, too. the party was fun, the food was delicious and the company was fantastic!

i am a lucky, lucky girl. Garrett, i love you. thanks for this weekend!

5 comments:

garrett said...

I like doing things for you, because I feel like the luckiest man in the world. I love you, Hayley! :)

Julie said...

So cute! Sounds like a keeper...

Mom said...

Thanks to Garrett for taking such good care of Hayley.

Kai and Amy said...

Ahhh, it sounds like true love to me!

tiburon said...

You picked a winner.

And I can only assume my invite to the Superbowl party was lost in the mail.