12.06.2009

i'm finding great value...

in the new wal*mart brand logo. i know, i know - it is not popular to like wal*mart. it is not popular to admit to shopping there. it is not like i buy my clothes there, geez. just groceries and other goodies. but i do. and recently, when they changed their in house brand logo, i'm finding myself buying a lot more generic stuff. just cause i like it. just cause. i'm such a rebel.

the old great value logo - used to chap my hide. i didn't like it one bit.

now - momma likey. i can't help it. apparently not everyone does though. at thanksgiving, i made a fuss about it & heather didn't like it. she said it's too plain or something [heather, correct me if i am wrong.] but that's what i like - the plain and simpleness. it makes me want to shop at wal*mart. and only buy generic. we were there the other night & i told garrett that when i do our big christmas shopping for foods, i'm only shopping there & i'm buying everything generic. i'm going to try, that's for sure.

tell me: does it offend you? do you likey? would you still never shop at wal*mart, so you can't have an opinion?

8 comments:

kate said...

There's nothing wrong with Walmart. There's nothing wrong with getting a good deal and saving money, I buy Great Value all the time. I don't buy clothes there but if I had to, I would. I don't look down on people who have to. If you got your clothes there I wouldn't think any less of you! =-) Go Walmart!

Holly O. said...

I can't give an opinion.

buttercup said...

My husband and I were just talking about this because he just saw a special on TV about how the original generic look is more appealing to consumers right now because of the recession. During more prosperous times we wanted to pay less but we wanted our labels to look more "gourmet" Now that we are in a recession the most part of consumers are looking for that generic branding--it's psychological. (Because I know a year a go a was paying less for my Great Value branded stuff than I am today.)

Shelley~Maren said...

I likey. I'm poor as hell, so I've purchased clothes there too. I'm not your typical wal-mart shopper though, you've seen the photos go-round. I like their "Just My Size" line of clothes, and I get compliments on the JMS shirt I wear (at least once a week)... The quality isn't the best, but if you get sick of it quick, it only cost you $15 bux anyway, just go buy something else!

AND, a new super-wal-mart opened up like 6 minutes from my house, and it's so fresh and clean, I kinda really love it! I've been there more than target lately, which is about 4 minutes away. heh

Judd Family said...

You are so funny! I think everyone shops at Walmart sometime! And it's never a bad thing to save a little money!

Jennifer said...

I love walmart. They are my people:) And I buy clothes there. I find cute stuff there - especially for my 8 year old girlie. So, no I'm not a WalMart snob. But I am snooty about other things, so I can't judge. I hold up wedding invitations to see if they are engraved and judge accordingly. I know I shouldn't do that...

HeRoosSheRoos said...

Rick and I are laughing out loud at the comments that people left about this.
Wally World is one of our favorite stores because of the great prices, the location and the entertainment-have you ever seen www.peopleofwalmart.com
The way we look at it... we have X amount of money budgeted for food. If I save money buying groceries then my hubby can take me out to a nice restaurant while I wear my sexy walmart panties. :)

Brooke Barragan said...

i like it better. and i'm not ashamed that i shop there. i do my homework, find where the deals are at the other stores, and they price match if they aren't already cheaper. oh, and i've bought a couple of clothing items there too. i'm not ashamed!!!