12.04.2009

garrett said i smell like wang

wait. let me explain. that might not sound right.

i have vera wang perfume. i've been wearing it the last few days. he apparently really likes it, because everytime he comes close to me he tells me i smell so good.
well, this morning, i was sipping on my hot chocolate & he walked by me and said "you smell like wang!" and i sprayed hot chocolate all over... cause of course, my mind immediately went to the dirty place.

in other news: i am sitting here texting back and forth with a friend. she's a divorced mom, it has been a few years & we've gone through some lows together... i think many times we both really didn't think we'd ever find real happiness in a relationship/marriage. i know i never did. she said something about how this is the best feeling she's ever had... i wrote her back and said that it doesn't fade... it only gets stronger. and seriously, at the risk of sounding like a cheeseball, i'm saying this: it has been almost a year that we've been married. it is getting better and better everyday. the down to earth, slightly cynical me would've thought it would've worn off a little. but it hasn't. i would've thought i'd need some alone time. but i don't. i like him more and more every day. i just never imagined that life would be so awesome. and i'm glad for my friend. she deserves it, finally. as does everyone. we all deserve to be told we smell like wang, right?

10 comments:

garrett said...

Isn't that what you say, though? You always use the designer's last name... Versace, Armani, Gucci...

And I agree. It just keeps getting better and better. I love spending time with you. I LOVE the weekends because I getta spend all my time with you! Love ya.

Jan said...

I LOVED reading this. I'm so happy that you are so happy -- and you're right, it just gets better. We will celebrate (gulp!) our 35th anniversary in a couple of weeks (not sure how that happened - really!) -- and I feel like the luckiest girl in the world. (Old, but lucky!)

Holly O. said...

Wang is SOOOOOOOOO much better than its counterpart...

Hayley said...

oh holly - if he would've said i smelled like crotch, i would've punched him in the baby maker.

ha.

MiaKatia said...

I absolutely love hearing about your happy!

pammy said...

hayley so happy to read that you are happily married! This is awesome! I can't believe it's been a year .. about Wang .. does she really smell good????

Shelley~Maren said...

That's adorable! I went to the dirty place too. hehe

Also, I'm so glad you're so so happy! :) I love it, and hope to be half that ridiculously happy someday!

Love you guys!

rychelle said...

i just love this post.
so sweet.
and gives me hope.
:)

kateandgreg said...

i especially enjoyed this story... live!

HeRoosSheRoos said...

Once again, I'm laughing out loud! Wang, that's so funny. Oh and I agree, being married to right person makes life very enjoyable. Ok, I can go to bed now that I've had a good laugh-thanks.