11.25.2009

my "thanksgiving present"???

i had a little surprise visitor in my classroom this morning. he was the stepfather of one of my students & i hadn't met him before. he dropped in with a "hey guys, how you doing this morning?" i was like "who are you? and why do you think you're wanted in here?" don't worry, i wasn't quite that hostile, but... then i noticed that he was carrying this:i don't know if my reaction was the best... i said "oh dear! are there bees in that thing?" such a kill joy, i know. but seriously. he said he brought it to me as a gift, they found it in their yard. thanks, but i like gifts more in the form of a 2 liter of soda or a gift card, for future reference.

and in other ungrateful whining - what in the h.e.double.hockey.sticks am i supposed to do with that thing next week when i go off track? i don't have room for it in my off track storage closet!

the kids have enjoyed it today. and i even shook it at a few of them saying "let's see if there are bees!" and yes, i know it's hornets. i like to say bees more. shock value or something, so suck it.

9 comments:

garrett said...

Happy Thanksgiving, here's a hornets' nest? Really, what ARE you supposed to do with that thing, even if you weren't going off track?

Suzanne said...

Awesome! Or something. Believe it or not I had a parent do that to me once. So I raffled off the nest when I went off track. The kid who won it was estatic! Don't know what the parents thought though!

Jared said...

Can I have that?

Hayley said...

jared, you bet! i'll bring it over one afternoon next week!!!

buttercup said...

You can be grateful that there were no hornets in it! Yikes!

Suzie said...

I have to say that is exazctly the kind of thing my hubs would do thinking it would be so cool.
He means well and truly tries to be thoughtful.

Happy Thanksgiving to you both!

Suzie said...

nice spelling. doh!

em said...

I just want to say that I love to read your blog, its like a box of chocolates-you never know what you're gonna get! Enjoy the beehive!

Aimee said...

WTH?? What did he think you were going to do with it?? Weird.