11.20.2009

drink the milk


i just finished reading the first Fablehaven book. i'm in the middle of reading the lost symbol for bookclub. and i feel a little bad because i am sure that book is a good one. one of my students gave me the fablehaven book at the end of the school year. i'd heard really good things about it, but hadn't gotten around to reading it. until about a month ago, when i decided to read it to my students. my kids have loved it. and so have i. they beg me to read it whenever we have a moment to spare. they even went so far as to buy me book two and three during our book fair. i just hope we have time enough to read them all this year.

the author lives in utah. and yes, he is a much better writer than someone else who went to byu. he's actually been to my school, i think.

i highly recommend this book. or series. it won't disappoint.

i hope they make a movie. i smell another harry potter blockbuster.

now only if i could decide: finish reading the lost symbol and then read the rest of the fablehaven books... or read fablehaven and then try to have the lost symbol done by the first of december. better do the lost symbol first. thanks for helping me think that one out.

UPDATE: check this out!

10 comments:

Brooke Barragan said...

i'm excited about getting recommendations right now because i don't have a book club to tell me what to read.

oh and, by the way, saying someone's a better writer than stephanie meier isn't actually saying all that much.

garrett said...

I'm about 100 pages into it, and it's really fun! I hope there's a movie, too. ;)

caron said...

It's really good, and the rest are good, too. Be advised the 5th book isn't published yet, so you will be waiting feverishly at the end. you may want to read lost symbols first.

buttercup said...

The fifth book s slated for March 2010. They are such a great series. My whole family loves them!

Heather said...

Hunter loved that series, Hannah is reading it now. Hunter says they are making a movie...where he got his info...I'm not so sure :)

Aimee said...

I agree... isn't everyone a better writer than that certain someone. Can't wait until the vampire hype is over... just.not.feeling.it. I think I'm going to have to check out Fablehaven now...

Jori said...

I LOVE Fablehaven. It's such a fun series! Have you read Percy Jackson and The Olympians yet??? It's fun too. The first movie comes out in Feb.(you probably already know, but just in case.;)

Heather B said...

I say read the book club book, then reread Fablehaven and move on to the rest of the Fablehaven series. I've found that some book I actually enjoy more if I'm reading them silently to myself, instead of out loud to kids.

P.S. NONE of THOSE parents (the parents of my students) read my blog. Hence the going private. I was refering to my high school friends who read my blog, who are also now parents. Because, you know, they are old. Like me. Sigh.

Holly O. said...

FINE!!! Ordered.

Suzanne said...

Hehehehe, Fablehaven is awesome. If you don't have them all, go raid the book shelf in my class. They're in the tall book shelf right by the door unless one of the kids has them. One of my top five series.