11.30.2009

brainstorming ideas for christmas meals

i will get to thanksgiving tonight. i have lots of cute pictures and stories to share...

but this morning, i can't seem to get my mind off of food. we had so much delicious food this weekend. it makes me want to menu plan for christmas day.

i'm thinking we'll have steaks for dinner. anyone have any killer ideas they want to share? not just for that dinner, but for the whole day... snacks, dips, desserts - i've got some ideas brewing, but want to make sure i've got my bases covered. i'll even share some of my ideas:

ham wrapped asparagus spears, pepperoni pizza dip, spinach and artichoke dip, pumpkin pie, a few different variatals of my favorite christmas cookies, cheese balls & crackers - that's just to name a few.

i want to do our first christmas together up right!

4 comments:

garrett said...

I can't wait!!! Gonna be the best Christmas ever. :) And not because of the food. Because I'll get to be with the person I love the most in the whole world! I love you.

Holly O. said...

I thought you were spending Christmas with G's family? Are you taking your food to someone else's house? Are they coming to yours? That makes a difference in what you make, in my opinion. Just because some things are easier/harder to transport.

Mom said...

Sounds like fun. I love Christmas. I like to have something special on Christmas morning. We always had our big meal on Christmas Eve and snacked Christmas Day.

Holly O. said...

I like how Mom gave you the scoop on our traditions...in case you didn't remember what they were.