9.08.2009

labor day campout: part 5... is madeline ever not cute?

madeline was absolutely enjoyable on our campout. she had so much fun doing all kinds of things. i think she really enjoyed our hike, she got to do some investigating with her mom and dad. she loved taking people off on little walks. i think she really enjoyed the one on one time that she managed to get with her mom - i loved when they'd go walk up to the bathrooms, it always took a while for them to come back & i don't think it was because they were making big potty every time. they'd come back and madeline would be smiling as big as can be & she'd be riding her mom's back... it was just sweet. i knew that they'd been distracted on their way back & gotten into something fun. she enjoyed feeding the chipmunks & squirrels with her dad. what a neat girl. i love her.

8 comments:

Kristin Jones said...

It looks like you had a blast. I think I'm just still shocked you went camping. :)

garrett said...

Madeline is a cutie. And I'm not shocked you went camping. All it takes is the right circumstances, and we had some great ones!

Also, I'm very impressed with your photo editing skills. I liky all the collages.

Hayley said...

don't worry kristin, i'm shocked, too. i have to admit though - i will go again. i could do it monthly if it were under those same circumstances. good food, good times, good company. close potty.

Tori said...

I LOVE the Spruces. I haven't been there in I don't know how long. Looks like you all had a great time. Taylor is very curious about your dessert. :) I guess we haven't been camping that much lately when she doesn't know what dutch oven dessert is, sad.

Holly O. said...

You were a picture-taking fool! What a great way to document a fun weekend. You know I highly approve!

Kai and Amy said...

Cute name. cute girl. Are you becoming a camper?

Elizabeth Ward. said...

I realized this weekend that that I need to suck it up and become more of the outdoors type because the kids love it so much.

Really the sleeping out side is the only part that I don't like.

The flushing toilets made it so very nice.

Schagel Family said...

It looks like you had so much fun. Great pictures!