probably shouldn't admit to all of this, but... i've never been one for being too private.
- when i hear stories about garrett as a kid, i get so excited. i want a little boy just like him. he wrote things on walls... oh, these stories absolutely melt my heart. he bopped kids in the nose with trapper keepers when they bugged him. he tricked his teachers & was extra sassy about it. sometimes i make him retell me the stories & just sit and laugh as he tells them. the teacher in me should be worried... but i'm not. don't get me wrong... if we have a little boy, we'll have our hands full. but i absolutely want it to happen & can't wait for it. this is not an announcement.
- i'm subbing & having fun. i'm off track for 4 weeks this time. 3 of the 4 weeks i'm subbing. i'm subbing for 2 different friends and i don't think i could do it if i didn't know the people & know beforehand that they'd leave me good plans. so far, so good. i'm slightly worried that when i come back to my class in october i won't be refreshed... but i plan on optimizing my one week offf. sleeping in, reading as much as i want to. no bras or makeup until 4.30 everyday. [garrett, don't hold me to this one. but i will brush my teeth.] i will not committ myself to anything during that week. except reading and sleeping in. and i will love it. and if and when i get frustrated to be working during my off track time, i keep reminding myself that i'm going to take my favorite person to my favorite city in march & then i get over it.
- we cleaned house this weekend. we de-cluttered. it didn't get ugly, but my 'michael' mood came out. and i gotta say, i love it. the house is clean. it is straightened up. my back might still be hurting from it, but i'll live. and i'm kinda being a nazi about leaving anything out. but, i've emptied the dishwasher a few times. i've picked my own clothes up off the floor & not just to put them in a laundry basket. i've decided that it is easier to maintain cleanliness than to get swamped in messes. dad, i think that lesson might officially have worn off on me. you should be proud. i wish you could come see it. now if only i could get caught up on my mary kay paperwork & get my desk cleaned/organized. that might be my one project for the week off.
- i'm reading East of Eden finally. i've heard it's a fantastic book & i'm enjoying it. but it's not intense like Catching Fire, and I put myself to sleep at night pretty quick. i like reading. sometimes i don't like reading "quality" as much as i should. but i'm enjoying this book. it's huge though. i will hopefully finish it before my week off. but if not, i've got that week.
- i have been taking my medicines for a little over a month now. i for the most part feel so much better, i can't believe it. it's almost like feeling like a normal girl again. ha ha ha - everyone's probably thinking "she's never been normal," you're so funny.
- can't wait for fall tv to start. it's almost as exciting as my clean house.
- we're looking into replacing our carpet. and painting a little. and maybe knobs for the cabinets. if you can't move up, you replace & improve, right?
- this has been discussed a few times recently & i wanted to publicly notify everyone of my stance. when texting/emailing/chatting - when people say "lol" it pretty much makes me want to backhand them & delete them out of every technological communication form. yes, i feel pretty strongly about it. mom, "lol" means "laugh out loud" and don't use it. if you must express your laughing, use "hahahaha" or something along those lines. or i might be forced to hurt you.