8.10.2009

it's all about the bread


imagine my surprise last week when we pulled into our nearby target and i saw a sign saying that a Kneaders Bakery will be going in the parking lot. soon.

i wish i could say that i was calm & composed when i told garrett about the sign that i had just read. instead the moment went something a little more like this:

[wild gasp] BAKERY!!!! KNEADERS!!!! SOON!!!

yes, i was so thrilled that i couldn't even form sentences. and then i squealed,

Oh man! Now I'll never get skinny!

it is true, with all of their delish sandwiches & treats, the likelihood of me losing weight is going down. yep, that's right - i will now forevermore blame my chubbiness on the upcoming Kneaders. but, at least i won't be eating fried foods like burgers & frenchies. i'll be enjoying mint brownies & parmesan chips. and mouth watering sandwiches. at least the sandwiches will be better than burgers!

p.s. garrett, if i hit you in my excitement, i'm so sorry.

15 comments:

Jori said...

I LOVE Kneaders! I wish we had them here. They are worth being chubby for!!;)

Shelley~Maren said...

How come I've never heard of Kneaders? sheesh!

tara said...

dude...kneaders has Parmesan CHIPS? get out!!

i've finally converted my family to wonderfulness that is kneaders. helloooooo....it really IS all about the bread.

Hayley said...

oh yeah tara & they're HOMEMADE! EVEN BETTER!!!

Roy said...

Jill and I in the same boat. We love kneaders and now that the distance between us and the nearest one had diminished quite a bit there will be no holding us back. Perhaps we should form a support group, or better yet lets just get lunch sometime!

garrett said...

I don't remember if I got hit, but the wild gasp sorta scared me. Thank goodness it was just a kneaders rather than some sort of horrible car accident in front of us! ;) Love you, babe! I'll be sure to take you there on opening day!

tiburon said...

I have never eaten at Kneaders...

Is that a deal breaker?

Holly O. said...

I wish one was coming to my neck of the woods.

Jason said...

My parents said that they saw you! If you are ever in AZ, let me know!

Jason said...

(Sorry, I am signed in under my husband's name! This and my last comment are from Tina!!)

garrett said...

wait, wait, wait... Tara, how did you know about Kneaders and NOT know about Parmesan chips???

Aimee said...

Oh, Kneaders... oh, how I've missed Kneaders! You Utahns are pretty lucky!

Katey said...

Oh how I love their key lime tarts!

Christy said...

Oh how I love Kneaders.

Carter Fam said...

I'm so jealous, that's awesome!