7.06.2009

our 4th

we headed down to st. george for the long weekend. we spent a lot of time in the pool. i got a minor sunburn on my thighs - cause i spent so much time floating on my floatie. next time, i need to remember to spray everywhere. i had so much fun with willy this weekend. he's a snuggle bug. he loved spending time with me on my floatie. his personality is so fun. he's pretty low key [so long as he's not wanting food from you that you're withholding] but he can sure get silly & laugh it up. he's got the best jiggly cheeks i can think of, especially when he runs. i can't believe we celebrated his 2nd birthday. i shared some rootbeers with him... i think i became his best friend. [holly, i'm sorry, but i wasn't about to be yelled at by him.] his laughter - priceless.

i didn't take enough pictures this weekend... partially because i was feeling pretty out of it. i came down with a pretty sucky cold. i was feeling rather groggy all weekend. then - i also developed a lovely rash. full body. not sure why - maybe the cold is allergies & part of that, maybe i don't handle the saltwater in the pool well. whatever it is, i'm pretty miserable. itchy bits = not fun. oh yeah, i also didn't wear an ounce of makeup all weekend. my poor husband. i don't pretend for one second that i'm a "natural beauty."

we went to see fireworks. we celebrated the 4th - i'm proud to be an American. i'm very thankful for our independence.

holly & kevin - thanks for opening your lovely house to us. as always, it was a blast. i love your boys. and happy 2nd birthday, willy.

9 comments:

Holly O. said...

Yep, I loved those darn balloons!!! Thanks for coming down to celebrate with us!

Heather B said...

Crap Hayley. It happened to me. Your whole "small world" deal. And now it's bugging me. Thanks for making me look a little harder.

Cute 4th pics though. Sorry about your rash. I was going to suggest allergy to sunscreen, but then you mentioned your "bits"... Eh, I'm stumped.

Hayley said...

i'm not talking about any specific bits - it is full body. don't you worry none.

garrett said...

I had a fun weekend, too! I wish you were feeling a little better though. :( Love you! I had a great 4th with you! And happy birthday, will!

Mom said...

Sounds like you had a great 4th of July. Hard to believe Will is 2. He is sure growing up fast. Thanks for the pictures. Kids always love balloons.

Jan said...

Oh, fun times! Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

And I hope that rash goes away ASAP. Not fun.

rychelle said...

i spent my weekend in the pool too! but, it was chlorinated, not salt water, so no itchy bits here.

hope you're feeling better soon.

MiaKatia said...

Sunburns stink, not that I burn ;) So exciting that you go to go down to St. Jorge for the weekend and hang with the fam.

Kai and Amy said...

oh, no you did not head down to St. George! I live 40 minutes from there and was oh, so close to going to shop the Roberts sales! We were so close and yet so far!
The program I use is COrel Panit Shop Pro X, but I know you can do it on photoshop too!