6.06.2009

lists of foods...

tonight as we sat at the table having a mighty tasty meal, we discussed things we used to do as kids that involved our eating habits. mine was mostly about things i wouldn't eat. garrett's was sweet - like asking his dad to eat the ends of his corn on the cob so he'd have handles. [i sooooo would've loved him as a kid. adult hayley wants to bite the hell out of child-sized garrett]

here's a little list of things that i came up with that i would not've have touched with a ten foot pole... and now, it's no wonder that i'm a chubbette/porker. cause there's not much on the list that i don't like.
  • deviled eggs
  • sour cream
  • cottage cheese
  • cherries - just didn't like maraschino ones. and only tried normal ones out last summer. duh!
  • asparagus, and let's face it - aside from lettuce, corn, & canned green beans, pretty much all other veggies. although i still don't love squashers, but i can down 'em.
  • baked potatoes - really they're a means to an end, including item #2 on this list.
  • kielbasa sausage
  • tuna
  • dr pepper. yep - it was high school before i liked that guy. as a kid, i preferred grape soda, or even cream soda. ick now on the cream soda.
  • hmmmmmm... the list seemed way longer in my head - i might need to come back to this later. if you happen to know me well & can think of something, let me know, please.

a few things i've never had a problem with:
  • ranch
  • steak [combined with ranch, especially]
  • ice cream, including root beer floats
  • oreos
  • milk
  • french fries
  • tacos
  • hot dogs [chicago style, of course]
  • bacon

[i know this list is probably completely silly of me to share, just be glad i didn't post about another little conversation that we had: naming our kids after our cabbage patch kids' names that we had as kids. seriously - mona is a cute name. don't worry - still not pregnant. just sayin']

ok, as this is my 3rd post for the day, i'm going to try to be done. whoa. it's like i've got blogging diarrhea.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I'm liking your list! You are funny. You had never tried cherries until last summer, really? WHHHHY? I love asparagus, have you noticed how it makes your pee smell?

tiburon said...

I think you know what a picky eater I am.

And how I feel about lists.

This post is right up my alley.

Just.saying.

MiaKatia said...

I still can't eat eggs ewwwwww gross. But I love cherries and asparagus, but not together.