6.25.2009

it's a small world

am i the only one out there that gets a little fascinated with "mutual friends" found on facebook or even through blogger? i'm not talking about the ones like when we all teach at the same school & we're friends. i'm talking about random people, especially the ones you don't know quite as well, who are friends with someone else you know? even worse is when i see 2 of my friends who don't know each other, but have a mutual friend. i just can't get over it. i wanna figure out how/why they know each other. i guess i'm just that big of a stalker. what really kills me is when i email someone to ask "how do you know so and so?" and then don't get an answer. come on! please, please, please - satisfy my curiosity. it kinda kills me... enough that i'm even blogging about it.

12 comments:

Carter Fam said...

ok--you're gonna think I'm weird but where did you find those dolls? They're so cute!
I agree with the mutual friend thing on Facebook..it IS intriguing!

Hayley said...

they're a scene from it's a small world at disney. i just google imaged "it's a small world"

Holly O. said...

Who do you have in common? I get that too, it is CRAZY yo.

Shelley~Maren said...

I KNOW! Remember John Peterson? Well he pretty much grew up with Jamie's husband Andy in the DC area! It's a total small world! Freakish! He told me when I asked him though. lol

100 Percent Cottam said...

i LOVE that, too. i'll get obsessed and be on there for hours looking at mutual friends.

rychelle said...

that's exactly the kind of thing a true stalker takes delight in! ;)

Aimee said...

No, you're not the only one! ;) That's what causes most of my time suck on FB.

Kai and Amy said...

You are way too funny.

Jamie Harker said...

That's actually happened with Ms Natalie Cottam in fact. She is mutual friends with a guy from my ward in Oregon (i was friends with his older sister). It's totally happened 5 other times too! CREEPY! But I also love it.

MiaKatia said...

I am so there with you!!! I love to know how people know each other.

HeRoosSheRoos said...

Are you wondering who that crazy person was sticking her head out of the car and waving yesterday on I15? Yep, that was me. I just happened to look over and recognize your husband and then it was confirmed when I saw you in the car. Hope you had a good day!

tiburon said...

Totally fascinated by that - I have found a lot of odd connections!