6.21.2009

he gave me away this year

[this picture was taken the morning of my wedding, my dad had just finished giving me a very special blessing.]

but that doesn't mean he's not still one of my best friends. cause he is. i still talk to him almost daily. he still makes me laugh all the time. he still comforts me when i need comforting. i have a dad who lives and dies for the comfort of his girls, my mom included. he's happy if we're happy; he's sad if we're sad. i always knew i was lucky, but i didn't realize that he would be so hard imitate. i waited a long time to find someone good enough - who could actually be compared to my dad. and now, i'm still so lucky because i have a husband who has many traits that my dad has. i have a dad who had the best snuggling lap & i know he still has that lap, because i watch the grandkids snuggle there. i could always tell him everything & i still do. i have a dad who i looked up to so much that one disappointed look was crushing enough to make me always want to do better, try harder. i have a dad who's laughter was priceless, and i still feel special when i hear it at my expense. he came and took care of me when i was sick, nothing like having big strong hands holding your hair out of your face when you're puking your guts out.

one thing i can't wait to do for garrett when he's the dad to our kids: lining up. my mom always had us line up for kisses when my dad got home. my kids [hopefully, right?] and i will line up with our eyes closed & our puckers ready when our daddy gets home, too.

I love you, my Dad.

6 comments:

garrett said...

You definitely have a great dad. I can't wait for our turn to be parents! You are very sweet to me to compare me to your dad, and I know you will be the best mom. I love you, Hayley!!!

Mom said...

He walked you down the aisle but he didn't give you away. He will always, forever, be your dad. Very sweet message and appreciated.

Holly O. said...

Ahhhh. You were both boobing in that picture.

tara said...

awwww man. if that wasn't the most tender post ever...

oh and i love your mom's comment too:)

Jori said...

You jones girls have the sweetest daddy! Is it weird I want to hug him? Love Garrett's bobble head too. you guys must giggle all day long.

MiaKatia said...

So sweet Hayley!!! I love how you girls are about your parents. What a wonderful relationship.